Running For Junior Class Vice President This Year

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: High School Life and Pre-college Issues: May, 2003 and Earlier Archive: Running For Junior Class Vice President This Year
By Browninc2 (Browninc2) on Monday, April 21, 2003 - 01:22 pm: Edit

I'm currently a sophomore in High School. My school is holding elections for class offices at the end of May. I was wondering if anyone could give me tips on running for Vice President. Thank you for your time. Any advice is welcome.

By Javaprogrammer (Javaprogrammer) on Monday, April 21, 2003 - 04:19 pm: Edit

It differs from school to school. Such as in mine, it's based on popularity and looks mostly. The girls who hold positions are among the most attractive in the class. The president who is a male, has done virtually nothing for our large class of around 500. He has a low GPA, prob around 2.0 or so. He's popular however, which got him in!

During elections here, well I won't go there but it's a free for all. Such as the current president had a group of his friends tear down others signs, spread rumors, etc...

Those who were academically qualified and would of made a difference never had a shot.

Don't know how your class is on it, if there big on popularity get to know people. If they focus on academics and what you plan to do, then promote that.

Good Luck!

By Jollyapplepie (Jollyapplepie) on Monday, April 21, 2003 - 04:26 pm: Edit

Just be sure to be able to "connect" with your student body. Make a speech that concerns them & make sure you're specific or else they might think you're fake. At my school, looks aren't everything; it's you personality. I know this is going to sound cliche, but just act yourself. Good luck!

By Apguy (Apguy) on Monday, April 21, 2003 - 07:53 pm: Edit

Don't come off sounding like a stupid jock. Don't be nervous or stumble on your words- speaking clearly and with confidence will make you look good. Try to seem like a smart and diligent person without coming off as a loser who has no life. Also, try to campaign something that the students might be interested in without it being too far-fetched (ie.- "I will abolish homework and give free candy to everyone!" would be a little too far-fetched)

Good luck!

By Dontknow (Dontknow) on Monday, April 21, 2003 - 10:52 pm: Edit

Don't worry too much; just relax. Just make sure your friends know that you're running and that they tell their friends. That's what I did. I only put up two posters throughout the campaign...and I won. Good luck.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page