MIT RSI Chances

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: High School Life and Pre-college Issues: May, 2003 and Earlier Archive: MIT RSI Chances
By Wellyeah (Wellyeah) on Thursday, April 17, 2003 - 06:46 pm: Edit

Greetings,
I will be applying for MIT RSI this year.
I am a junior studying advanced physics (college freshman/soph level), Cal B/C (I know both when I was a sophmore), and C++ programming.
I am the head of Sci/Math Soc, organizing a lot of science events.
Physics Olypiad participant.
Working with my school's physics teacher as EC.
Vice head of computer club.
Suck at sport.
Okay at music

Could you tell me what are my chances of getting into RSI or in the future, MIT??

tHaNKZzz

By Hahaha (Hahaha) on Friday, April 18, 2003 - 03:41 pm: Edit

the application deadline passed a long time ago. sorry/

By Jollyapplepie (Jollyapplepie) on Tuesday, April 22, 2003 - 06:17 pm: Edit

What are RSI's standards for their applicants? (thinking about applying next year)

By Aj61498 (Aj61498) on Tuesday, April 22, 2003 - 11:37 pm: Edit

Jollyapplepie, my AP Physics teacher is the RSI Director of Admissions, and in class he told us that the students that get into RSI are way smarter than the smartest people that my school has produced, and my school is severely competitive. (about 30 National Merit Semi-Finalists in each graduating class of 220) He said that on average, people who get in take calculus in tenth grade. Considering that RSI is considered the most prestigious summer program in the world (possibly), its no wonder that it attracts only the best.

However, someone in my grade (one of his students) did get in and she is in precalculus honors as a junior. She is in AP bio and AP physics along with Precalc Honors, AP Spanish, and other stuff as well. So, what Im saying is that as long as you have the passion to get in, its worth a try.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page