(HELP) Will this schedule kill me?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: High School Life and Pre-college Issues: May, 2003 and Earlier Archive: (HELP) Will this schedule kill me?
By Abracadabra (Abracadabra) on Tuesday, April 15, 2003 - 06:50 am: Edit

Maybe you'll remember me deciding about the IB Diploma months ago....but, I think i've changed my mind.

Please tell me if this schedule looks KILLER...as in, too difficult. I'm planning to not take the ib dip. because it just won't let me "really" choose the courses I want.

For my junior year... AP Biology, IB Chemistry HL, IB English HL, IB Business Hl, AP Macroeconomics, IB Math studies sl.

What do you guys think, cos i have no idea when it comes to classes being "HARD".... I picked them cos they sound like fun. PLEASE let me know what to expect. Thank you!

By Abracadabra (Abracadabra) on Tuesday, April 15, 2003 - 11:46 pm: Edit

bump

By Tuannguyen (Tuannguyen) on Wednesday, April 16, 2003 - 12:22 am: Edit

It won't kill you unless your not used to doing a few hours of homework a day. Nothing special, half my school probably has schedules worse then that...

Don't sweat it... Smell the flowers.

By Abracadabra (Abracadabra) on Wednesday, April 16, 2003 - 01:20 am: Edit

Hey Tuannguyen!
Does that mean I won't get into a good college? And i don't mean the Ivies...
Maybe i'm taking what u said too seriously, but GEE....i WANT to look special, ok? I don't know if this board is filled with over achievers or what, but I think I would've followed my heart in the first place if i hadn't read about people with tons of EC's, GPA's over 3.7, and great SAT scores not making it to a college of their choice. That really freaked me out, and it would NEVER have if i never knew this board existed.

Besides all that, Help me, people!

By Tuannguyen (Tuannguyen) on Wednesday, April 16, 2003 - 02:17 am: Edit

You'll do fine, just make sure you get straight As and get a really good score on the SATs.

Just bulk up on ECs and such and no worries would be needed. You might not get into Harvard, but most people don't. You'll atleast get in somewhere decent/good, it's not like you'll end up in a community college or something.

The people who don't get into their first choice usually are those who have their first choice as Cambridge, Oxford, Harvard, Stanford kind of thing. Those are crapshoots, you never know if you'll get in or not, no matter how good your stats.

By Abracadabra (Abracadabra) on Wednesday, April 16, 2003 - 05:26 am: Edit

Thank you so much for ur input Tuannguyen! You always help me :)
What grade are you in, btw? And what college are ya shooting for? I don't remember if u told me, but what subjects are you currently taking?

My problem is that I got straight B's *cringe*....one A, one C+ in 9th grade, so i KNOW that SUCKS!!! I could've done waaaay better, but the teachers are all hard graders here, and A's are not simply given. So far this year, i've managed to pull my grades to B+s....how i HATE 89'S!!!!!!!! And an A-....i'm hoping to do much better this semester.

I will try and work my a$$ off junior and senior years (including founding a club), and i HOPE i get into a good college. Is Ithaca too much to ask for?....as a safety. What about Pomona? USC?

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page