Comm College and GPA

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: High School Life and Pre-college Issues: May, 2003 and Earlier Archive: Comm College and GPA
By Jlq3d3 (Jlq3d3) on Monday, April 14, 2003 - 01:37 am: Edit

I took chem at a commun college and got an A. I took bio at penn in the summer and got an A. My question is is do colleges factor in these grades into ur gpa. My college counselor told me it is illegal for my hs to put it in their gpa.

By Incognitoiamnot (Incognitoiamnot) on Sunday, April 20, 2003 - 01:05 am: Edit

"My college counselor told me it is illegal for my hs to put it in their gpa."
what do you mean? you mean high school GPA or College GPA?
please clarify

By Dadster (Dadster) on Sunday, April 20, 2003 - 01:14 am: Edit

High schools don't usually include grades earned at colleges in GPA calculations, although they may appear on the HS transcript. (Courses taken for college credit at the HS, on the other hand, are almost always included.)

By Autodidact (Autodidact) on Sunday, April 20, 2003 - 11:16 am: Edit

Check your state laws for gifted and talented education. Some states require your hs to give you credit--particularly if you have post-secondary options funding. If so, they must also include it in your gpa--if they are paying for it during the school year. Unfortunately, they are not required to weight it. Summer is another matter, so check your school board policy as well.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page