Valedictorian Tips??

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: High School Life and Pre-college Issues: May, 2003 and Earlier Archive: Valedictorian Tips??
By Nautical_2000 (Nautical_2000) on Sunday, April 13, 2003 - 08:38 pm: Edit

Right now I'm a junior. Right now I rank #1, thanks to number 2 and 3 who used to be tied with me but got B's last semester.

However, I'm really concerned about keeping my position. You see, for junior year, I took U.S. History HONORS and Biology AP, while my other two competitors took Physics I H and U.S. Hist AP. These two classes were the ones they got B's in -- I think. (Apparently, the teachers of these classes are REALLY difficult.)

Anyway, I'm just worried that my having not taken U.S. hist AP will hurt my chances when it comes down to the administrators' decision about valedictorian. If I'm the only number 1 right now, nothing else should matter right? All I would have to do is take maximum classes (AP) and keep my straight A's, right?

-Patrick Kirkland

By Nautical_2000 (Nautical_2000) on Sunday, April 13, 2003 - 11:38 pm: Edit

bump

By Dddaza (Dddaza) on Monday, April 14, 2003 - 10:05 pm: Edit

isn't valedictorian based solely on highest cumulative average? In shouldnt matter whether you're taking AP Calculus BC or Pottery, unless of course grades are weighted

By Sar (Sar) on Thursday, April 17, 2003 - 06:53 pm: Edit

maybe u should go ask the admins about this, cuz it's different at each school.

By Jollyapplepie (Jollyapplepie) on Tuesday, April 22, 2003 - 10:11 pm: Edit

Umm ... being valedictorian isn't everything ...

By Justin185 (Justin185) on Wednesday, April 23, 2003 - 02:08 pm: Edit

Your right about valedictorian not being everything. I graduated as a salutatorian (2001) and I went to Cornell University (currently a sophomore). The valedictorian got a full scholarship to so crap school, transferred to another college for the spring semester, and transferred to another for the fall semester of her sophomore year. 3 semesters and 3 different schools. That girl just couldn't find her place.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page