How can I get into Harvard

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: High School Life and Pre-college Issues: May, 2003 and Earlier Archive: How can I get into Harvard
By Bachstrad (Bachstrad) on Sunday, April 13, 2003 - 03:20 pm: Edit

Hi, I'm a pre-IB student in Burnaby South Secondary,BC, Canada. Currently, our IB diploma program has been cancelled by the school board.

My dilemma is that I must either move to another IB school or stay for the AP program that is to be offered next year.

Te thing is, I am aiming for Harvard; Yale; Stanford; and Princeton.

Is IB more advantageous than AP for the admission, or vice versa?

I desperately have to make the decision quickly, so please help me!

Thank you a million comrades!

By Liquidlibra (Liquidlibra) on Friday, April 18, 2003 - 07:57 pm: Edit

Hi!
I'm also from Canada, and I go to a french school (and I don't mean Quebec, I mean la Republiaue francaise French) - so no IB and no AP's and I got into Oxford (england) and Harvard (though not Yale, go figure...). My advice would be to stay in the same school and explain what happened with the IB at your school (they'll hopefully understand and probably appreciate your commitment) and jsut take the absolute hardest things there are at your current school (aka AP's). Or just phone them and ask them! But if you've got several years of high school left (more than one anyway), then changing to continue the IB is a good idea, I think.

By Number9 (Number9) on Friday, April 18, 2003 - 10:08 pm: Edit

You got into Oxford? Wow.

Any tips for a soon-to-be junior looking to strive better that is in a small school district?

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page