AP statistics?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: High School Life and Pre-college Issues: May, 2003 and Earlier Archive: AP statistics?
By Nyyankees408 (Nyyankees408) on Wednesday, April 02, 2003 - 06:44 am: Edit

Here's my situatuion,
I want to take an AP math class because of my weak math background, and my desire to go into business. I have always been in the College Prep A group (standard), but have recieved B+/A-'s almost every term.

Right now I'm in Pre-Calc with a pretty difficult teacher. Do you think I will be able to handle the workload of AP statistics? Or will my weak(er) math background hold me back. My choices are essentially AP statistic, Standard Calc, Standard Statistics, or AB (AP) Calc. My tutor suggests I just struggle through AB Calc, but I don't think my teacher would even sign me into that class next year. Help Please! (here's what the rest of my schedule looks like) --AP Psych
Honors Physics
Honors English IV
Standard French V
Honors Journalism
(blank)

By Nyyankees408 (Nyyankees408) on Wednesday, April 02, 2003 - 06:58 pm: Edit

can someone PLEASE respond? the course selection sheets are due by tommorow!

By Freshman911 (Freshman911) on Friday, April 11, 2003 - 06:17 pm: Edit

Hey. Im a freshman and i was wondering what classes i should take in the future that will help me to get into medical school. Also is there any EC. activities that would count a lot.

Also I go to a Magnet High School and am in Geometry in 9th grade. will this do any good fro my future?

By Freshman911 (Freshman911) on Friday, April 11, 2003 - 07:09 pm: Edit

If I am in the G.A.T.E. program will this give me any pluses for my universities? and what advantgages might i use from that program that will help me later on?

By Hahaha (Hahaha) on Friday, April 11, 2003 - 07:12 pm: Edit

Gifted And Talented Education classes (although i didn't know they have them in high school) are what colleges expect you to take. I would say pull out and go for honors or APs instead of GATE.

By Freshman911 (Freshman911) on Friday, April 11, 2003 - 08:21 pm: Edit

Thanx Hahaha for the advice.
But i was wondering cant i take Ap and be in gate at the same time?

By Majinjou1 (Majinjou1) on Saturday, April 19, 2003 - 11:14 pm: Edit

Whos planning on getting a 5 on the AP statistics exam?

By Eve_529 (Eve_529) on Thursday, April 24, 2003 - 03:57 pm: Edit

I'm in AP Stats right now. It's not really math but comprehension that it requires. You have to be able to interpret the data and then graph it or whatever they want you to do with it. There's a lot of graphing and plotting data. Also it talks about experiments, surveys, designing experiments. It's a lot like doing story problems, if you can understand them (don't worry about the math part) than you should take stats. All of the math can be done on a calculator. Good luck!

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page