Make Up High School Subjects in Community College

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: High School Life and Pre-college Issues: May, 2003 and Earlier Archive: Make Up High School Subjects in Community College
By Ramirez7 (Ramirez7) on Friday, March 28, 2003 - 11:57 pm: Edit

Is there any way to make up these subjects that I took in High School and make it up in a Community College as a transfer student?

World History- D
Spanish I P- D
English II P- D

I know that a "D" is considered a failure to all colleges so i am fuked.

I plan to apply to Pasadena City College as a transfer student to CAL state LA, then take the GED requirements. Can someone help me find a better way to solve my problems?


By Ricegal (Ricegal) on Thursday, April 10, 2003 - 05:36 pm: Edit

You can take all those courses at community college, and sometimes in less elaspsed time than it would have taken you in high school. Community colleges do not require a high-school diploma. Make sure that you take the courses that Cal State LA requires for your major. Certain courses are required if you plan to transfer in as a business major or an art major or whatever you choose. In addition some courses that are required for community college don't count as college transfer credit for Cal State. For example, Spanish I won't count as a college credit, only as meeting a requirement to get in. Only Spanish IV and higher counts as a college transfer credit, I think.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page