All-American Scholar

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: High School Life and Pre-college Issues: May, 2003 and Earlier Archive: All-American Scholar
By Crazyandy (Crazyandy) on Friday, March 28, 2003 - 09:33 pm: Edit

I got a letter in the mail today saying I was selected as an "all-American scholar." It says my guidence counselor nominated me and i went thur some kind of process and got selected. Is this another one of those Who's Who/National Honor Roll scams or does this actually mean anything special?

By Incognito (Incognito) on Friday, March 28, 2003 - 09:41 pm: Edit

what did your GC say about it?

By Crazyandy (Crazyandy) on Friday, March 28, 2003 - 09:59 pm: Edit

I havent gotten to talk to her yet. I got it in the mail when i came home for the weekend so i'll ask her monday...

By Crazyandy (Crazyandy) on Saturday, March 29, 2003 - 06:57 pm: Edit

Does anyone know anything about it?

By Autodidact (Autodidact) on Sunday, March 30, 2003 - 02:31 pm: Edit

CrazyAndy: Do you remember filling out a sheet for United States Achievement Academy? They select their top applicants and name them "All-American Scholars." Ringing any bells? About on a par with the Who's Who, National Honor Roll--all allegedly give scholarships, and there is no cost for inclusion in the book if you don't submit a photo, and don't purchase the book. My daughter was an All-American Scholar as a sophomore. Congratulations.

By Nautical_2000 (Nautical_2000) on Sunday, April 20, 2003 - 08:22 pm: Edit

United States Achievement Academy and Who's Who aren't scams. National Honor Roll is a scam.

By Emeraldkity4 (Emeraldkity4) on Sunday, April 20, 2003 - 09:50 pm: Edit

I don't know about national achievment academy but my cat was nominated for "whos who".
( We had filled out some web forms for college info under her name)

By Brd (Brd) on Monday, April 21, 2003 - 01:06 pm: Edit

'I don't know about national achievment academy but my cat was nominated for "whos who".'

That's priceless. You should send in a picture.

By Emeraldkity4 (Emeraldkity4) on Monday, April 21, 2003 - 01:17 pm: Edit

I never even thought of that

We often have names that we use when filling out info then you can trace where your junk mail is coming from.
( Its easier to go through junk mail too if something is addressed to "sparky")
"Sparky" also gets credit card offers and invites to join singles clubs

By Crazyandy (Crazyandy) on Monday, April 21, 2003 - 07:47 pm: Edit

well I e-mailed the US Achievement academy and they said that All-American scholars is something colleges look at. so i guess i'll add it to the apps this fall...

By Lkirkla (Lkirkla) on Saturday, February 07, 2004 - 05:57 pm: Edit

Greetings all: National Honor Roll is a vanity press. You send them money; they print junk in their "commemorative yearbook." Doesn't mean a thing. Please see my posting at http://www.collegeconfidential.com/cgi-bin/discus/show.cgi?6/35760 Hope this helps.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page