IB Chemistry or IB Biology?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: High School Life and Pre-college Issues: May, 2003 and Earlier Archive: IB Chemistry or IB Biology?
By Abracadabra (Abracadabra) on Friday, March 21, 2003 - 08:11 am: Edit

Seriously! Which one is more fun? And what do they teach content-wise (in either)? For chemistry, does it require a lot of Math? Regarding Math, to what extent is it used?

By Louisa (Louisa) on Friday, March 21, 2003 - 12:48 pm: Edit

IB Biology requires a whole lot of studying.. memorization... You really gotta sit down and study study... IB Chem does involve a lot of math... but it really isn't hard math... Chemistry doesn't require a lot of studying if you understand the concepts.. but some people really do have trouble with it.. the math of it isn't hard, but some people have a hard time with it... I've taken IB Bio, and it was really annoying........ too much work... IB Chem, I take currently, and I personally enjoy it... it really depends on the person.. I enjoy Chemistry more... Now content wise... IB Biology you learn the usual.. Photosynthesis, Respiration, DNA Replication, Evolution, Ecology and such.. oh and Genetics.. Genetics though was very interesting... I think that's the best part of Biology.. In Chemistry you learn atomic theory, stoichiometry, bonding, energetics, equilibrium, periodicity, etc. You can go to http://homepage.mac.com/stray/ib/chem/ this site.. this is the syllabus and the notes... so you can find out everything that is learned in IB Chemistry.. Good luck~

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page