College level classes or AP classes

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: High School Life and Pre-college Issues: May, 2003 and Earlier Archive: College level classes or AP classes
By Jadens (Jadens) on Saturday, March 15, 2003 - 06:14 pm: Edit

Just need some advice here. I am an eighth grader and had recently forecasted for my high school classes. My high school offers both College English and AP English. I am unsure which class to take during my senior year. Does anybody know what colleges prefer College or AP? Any advice would be appreciated.

By Dori (Dori) on Saturday, March 15, 2003 - 10:45 pm: Edit

if you're only in 8th grade don't worry about it yet.

but i'd say ap...

By Kalitiha (Kalitiha) on Saturday, March 15, 2003 - 10:47 pm: Edit

Take AP, you don't have a guarantee that a college class will transfer, though most will, and almost all colleges will accept a good AP score.

By Texas137 (Texas137) on Saturday, March 15, 2003 - 10:48 pm: Edit

You've got 3 years before you have to choose - plenty of time to hear from others at your school about their experiences with the courses offered. If one course is taught by a great teacher and the other is an awful teacher, that could be a much bigger point than dual-credit vs. AP.

By Jadens (Jadens) on Sunday, March 16, 2003 - 05:26 pm: Edit

Thank you all for your advice. I appreciate it!

By Crazyandy (Crazyandy) on Sunday, March 16, 2003 - 06:47 pm: Edit

Hey whats better to take? AP Calc in HS or go to a university? I've asked all my top choice colleges if they would take the transfer and they all said yes, with the exception of 1. So i guess it comes down to where would i learn more at? HS or College? Your help is appreciated. :)

By Asdf (Asdf) on Sunday, March 16, 2003 - 10:57 pm: Edit

SO what's your plan for high school courses?

I'd say that you'll probably get a better education in a college than in a high school unless the high school math teacher is really super, so take Calc at a CC over the summer or something.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page