DORI, i 'm talking to you dori

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: High School Life and Pre-college Issues: May, 2003 and Earlier Archive: DORI, i 'm talking to you dori
By Incognitoiamnot (Incognitoiamnot) on Thursday, March 13, 2003 - 06:37 pm: Edit

the budget cuts won';t let you take concurrent enrollment now as of summer, 2003 becuase that stupid gray davis cut education funding!

By Dori (Dori) on Saturday, March 15, 2003 - 04:41 pm: Edit

well this is the first i've heard of it, i'll ask my counselor at school on monday...but that will really screw things up for me. i'm supposed to take government and economics over summer at CC....:(

By Dori (Dori) on Saturday, March 15, 2003 - 10:44 pm: Edit

o and also, u wouldn't believe how freaked out i was to see a topic with my nickname on it here. i forgot that's what my username was (it's not my real name)

By Thedad (Thedad) on Saturday, March 15, 2003 - 11:28 pm: Edit

it varies by specific community college, not throughout the whole state.

Also, the budget is pretty painful to deal with but let's not get simplistic and demonstrate that we didn't take either Econ or Government:

State revenues are down due both to decreased revenues from taxes as the economy as contracted, particularly in the high $$$ Silicon Valley area, as well as the Federal government pulling back on its monies to the state as it deals with _its_ budget problems, which will be aggravated even more if the "No Millionaire Left Behind" tax proposal gets through.

You can rightly gig Davis for pretending before the election that this wasn't going to happen. You can gig the Democrats for pretending that this can be dealt with without spending cuts. And you can gig the Republicans for pretending that this can be dealt with without tax increases.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page