France

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: High School Life and Pre-college Issues: May, 2003 and Earlier Archive: France
By Tennizpro (Tennizpro) on Monday, March 03, 2003 - 07:48 pm: Edit

If I traveled to France this summer with my school, could I put that on my resume?

By Soozievt (Soozievt) on Monday, March 03, 2003 - 10:51 pm: Edit

HI, I am not sure what you mean by a resume, but I am assuming you mean on a list of experiences on your college application (or supplemental piece you make up for admissions). If that is what you mean (as opposed to a resume for a job), then by all means, YES, put that down for sure!!! Colleges want to know about experiences you have had outside the classroom...these include extracurriculars both associated with school and ones that are not, work experiences, and travel. A trip like this certainly falls in that category and they want to know this kind of thing. I am also sharing this as someone who interviews applicants for admission to the college I am an alumni of and it comes up in my interview every time!

My junior daughter is also going to France over her April school vacation with her French V class and is quite excited. She hopes to do a semester abroad in college as well. This summer she is traveling through Europe with a group where she will be playing in tennis matches against Europeans....just mentioned that when I read your posting name.....sounds up your alley...or I should say, court! ;-)

Have a great time!
Susan

By Tennizpro (Tennizpro) on Tuesday, March 04, 2003 - 06:05 pm: Edit

Thanks a lot! Good luck to your daughter in her matches!

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page