IB Psych or IB Biology??

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: High School Life and Pre-college Issues: May, 2003 and Earlier Archive: IB Psych or IB Biology??
By Abracadabra (Abracadabra) on Thursday, February 27, 2003 - 07:13 am: Edit

Anyone out there who knows about these courses??? Both are HL courses.....I wanna know which one is easier (plus the content).

By Johnnyd (Johnnyd) on Thursday, February 27, 2003 - 09:05 pm: Edit

i hear psych's annoying and a waste of time...
of course that's what i hear...
HL bio is pretty cool, i liked it and if you're really into bio you'll get a lot out of it

By Tuannguyen (Tuannguyen) on Thursday, February 27, 2003 - 10:32 pm: Edit

The stuff taught in HL bio is pretty easy. It just depends on your teachers exams... My teacher is a maniac, crazy to the bone. Her tests are so painful, i wanted to cry (figuratively speaking of course). Half the people i know who had her class last year had around a 60-70 average, but ended up getting a 6 or 7 on the exams. But then i guess, it does prepare you for the exams, people who had her say that her regular exams make the finals seem like a joke.

So it really does depend on your teacher.

By Ibkid (Ibkid) on Friday, February 28, 2003 - 06:06 pm: Edit

hey abracadabra...
its me ib kid.
i have HL biology and its really cool(interesting and not hard at all)
i don't take pshycology(got economics instead)but my friends who have it say they have to study and read a LOT(especially high level students).
i think the main difference between HL and SL psychology is that in high level,you have to read additional scripts AND do 2 or 3 more projects than the SL students....
i think bio HL would be much more enjoyable than psychology HL ...thats my advise to u but it all depends on ur interests!
i go to school in croatia but i am actually from india

By Abracadabra (Abracadabra) on Saturday, March 01, 2003 - 08:06 am: Edit

This is great! You don't know how much this helps me in deciding what to take....thank you Johnnyd, Tuanngyuen, and Ibkid! If Psych involves too much reading, i might as well forget it! the only problem is the teacher is great, and the biology teachers suck! well....most of them anyway. btw, i thought that in IB Bio, you do labs every week...

By Johnnyd (Johnnyd) on Monday, March 03, 2003 - 08:49 am: Edit

yeah but they're good preparation for college science-class labs (at least at my school)

By Abracadabra (Abracadabra) on Tuesday, March 04, 2003 - 07:08 am: Edit

you know what? I dropped pyschology altogether. IB Theater Arts has taken its place. what do you think? am i crazy?!?

By Tuannguyen (Tuannguyen) on Tuesday, March 04, 2003 - 09:11 am: Edit

No, not really. You could be making the best choice for yourself, and that's what matters. Have fun... I don't take pyschology, i'm not going to die.

By Ibkid (Ibkid) on Wednesday, March 05, 2003 - 04:00 am: Edit

hey
ur not crazy!! just take what u want to!!

By Ibkid (Ibkid) on Wednesday, March 05, 2003 - 04:02 am: Edit

yeah...we do have to do many labs...but its not so scary as it sounds...ull get the criteria for writing a lab report and its not that hard.

By Autodidact (Autodidact) on Wednesday, March 05, 2003 - 09:47 pm: Edit

Go with the class with the better teacher, in a pinch you'll be able to get help, and on a daily basis you'll enjoy the class more. Great teachers have great classes and sucky teachers create sucky classes and even lousier results--and then what will you have to show for a class you hated all along? Good Luck!

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page