Shy Guys

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: High School Life and Pre-college Issues: May, 2003 and Earlier Archive: Shy Guys
By girl on Thursday, February 20, 2003 - 03:38 am: Edit

Has anybody else noticed this phenomenon:

All guys do is talk about girls but many of them, espeacially the smart ones, are too shy to talk TO girls.

thoughts??

By Thedad (Thedad) on Thursday, February 20, 2003 - 09:50 am: Edit

Yes.

By me on Saturday, February 22, 2003 - 07:08 pm: Edit

aha-tell me about it

By Thedad (Thedad) on Saturday, February 22, 2003 - 07:57 pm: Edit

It occurred to me that the smarter guys can think of more ways that they're going to be rejected, something that would never occur to the dumber guys.

:)

By Enterhere on Saturday, February 22, 2003 - 08:06 pm: Edit

Thedad (Thedad) thats actually true! LOL... Smarter guys are the ones that score all the points in the long run however.

By hmmm on Saturday, February 22, 2003 - 11:04 pm: Edit

It doesn't seem like it would require too much IQ to think of ways to get rejected. Do you guys really think thats it?

By hs reunion on Saturday, February 22, 2003 - 11:26 pm: Edit

Did anyone here watch High School Reunion. I know, it's a dorky show, but, in my defense, i didnt watch every episode. Anyways, there was this guy who was the nerd in hs. Now, he's successful, confident, and all the girls liked him. And the popular kid was kinda fat, just goes to show. That's all, just thought i'd share

By Thedad (Thedad) on Sunday, February 23, 2003 - 12:36 am: Edit

hmmm, well some guys it never occurs to them that they might get rejected...whether this is accurate, arrogant, or just dumb varies with the individual I'd say.

Seriously, I also think there are kernels of truth behind some stereotypes. There are lots of very bright socially well-adjusted people. There are also people who have much more experience with books than with social situations, especially those with the opposite s_x.

By this would be worse on Sunday, February 23, 2003 - 12:56 am: Edit

Well at least they have the books. Some people have neither.

BTW although some guys are shy about aproaching girls, others are not very responsive about talking to them (girls) when the girl aproaches either.

By Thedad (Thedad) on Sunday, February 23, 2003 - 01:44 am: Edit

Lack of socialization. Don't know what to say.

I also know one pretty bright hs sophomore--a theater kid--who thinks all girls who aren't theater kids are vapid creatures interested only in clothes, the mall, etc. and deep down are shallow.

Stupid attitude...I like this guy and hope he outgrows it in a couple of years. Only some of the girls are like that.

By Fulaboy (Fulaboy) on Thursday, March 13, 2003 - 06:49 am: Edit

HAHAHAHAHA..... Smarter Guyz always goes for the weekest girl...YEAH???

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page