Term Abroad

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: High School Life and Pre-college Issues: May, 2003 and Earlier Archive: Term Abroad
By Dilemma on Thursday, February 13, 2003 - 05:01 pm: Edit

I'm in a dilemma and need advice. I have the option to go on a term abroad to Spain next spring where I will basically come back fluent. I would also finish my school's Spanish program by the end of my junior year. BUT, if I do this, I will only finish BC Calculus rather than go all the way up to multivariable calculus and linear algebra by my senior year. I might also fall a little behind in science.
In terms of interest, I think Spain might offer a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity and I really do not have much interest in the math and science area. Nevertheless, I would like my high school curriculum be competitive in terms of college. How would colleges view me if I do go abroad? And if I don't?

By Dori on Thursday, February 13, 2003 - 07:52 pm: Edit

do it!!! for one, it's a great thing to write ur essay about, and to talk about at your interview (assuming you have one.) unless you're going to be a math major don't worry about it. besides u can always take courses at a local CC if you really want those math courses.

By . on Thursday, February 13, 2003 - 10:27 pm: Edit

take it-it should be well worth your while and colleges will like it a lot too

By R on Monday, February 17, 2003 - 12:51 pm: Edit

I did the same thing to France for a year, and really played it up on my application. NYU accepted me.

Good Luck =)

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page