Should i drop AP psych?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: High School Life and Pre-college Issues: May, 2003 and Earlier Archive: Should i drop AP psych?
By Dori on Wednesday, February 05, 2003 - 02:55 am: Edit

hello. i'm a junior, and i'm fed up with my AP Psychology teacher. he's a racist, and bigot, and is discriminatory towards everyone except, well, himself. the class technically ended last week, and is now called "intro sociology." the class went from 30ish students to 16 at the semester mark. i hate him. i want to drop the class (i'd either be a T.A. or take cooking that period...) if i'm a T.A. i can still participate in his review sessions for the AP exam in April. what do you think i should do? i have to change my classes by friday or i'm stuck.

my schedule would then be: chemistry, honors biology, T.A., Math Analysis, Theatre Workshop (advanced theatre class), and AP English Language. i'm also taking Government and (maybe) Econ over summer school at a local CC.

also, i'd get an "A" in T.A.-ing, but a C, maybe B in sociology.

By Claire on Monday, February 10, 2003 - 01:01 am: Edit

if it's absolute torture then don't put yourself through it, it's not worth the pain! If you're really into psych you can always take it in college!

By Dori on Monday, February 10, 2003 - 03:08 am: Edit

thanks, i actually dropped the class the next day. i'm gonna take the AP test anyway. the subject is fascinating, the class is awful.

By Teresa on Saturday, February 15, 2003 - 07:01 pm: Edit

You might find help at this web site.

http://www.appsychology.net

By Dori on Monday, February 17, 2003 - 03:04 pm: Edit

i have that site on my favorites list aready, but thanks :)

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page