National honor roll

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: High School Life and Pre-college Issues: May, 2003 and Earlier Archive: National honor roll
By whatsup on Monday, February 03, 2003 - 08:45 pm: Edit

hey did anyone get anything from the national honor roll? Is this a scam?

By right on Monday, February 03, 2003 - 08:46 pm: Edit

i believe it is.

By Jenniferelaine (Jenniferelaine) on Wednesday, February 12, 2003 - 11:22 am: Edit

One year EVERYONE in my class was on the National Honor Roll. After no one filled out the form, we got the same letter in the spring semester congratulating us. Even the people who were in danger of being sophomores again.

27*50=$1350

By Congocross (Congocross) on Tuesday, March 04, 2003 - 03:52 am: Edit

I fill out the form but did not order anything. Not worth my money but something to put on my resume :)

By Nyugrad (Nyugrad) on Tuesday, March 04, 2003 - 12:16 pm: Edit

I was going to have my son fill it out, but after reading all the posts on this site, I told him to throw it away. I don't know if i made the right decision, but I have time to do more research, and if he gets one next year, we'll make our decision then. What made me decide to ignore it this year, was a wise post that said that the colleges will see one as gullible if this award is listed on the application.Personal experiences? Agree or disagree?

By Tennizpro (Tennizpro) on Tuesday, March 04, 2003 - 06:17 pm: Edit

Right, if things we know, like the National Honor Roll, are scams or whatever, would it be even harmful to put it on our resume?

By Lkirkla (Lkirkla) on Saturday, February 07, 2004 - 05:49 pm: Edit

Greetings all: National Honor Roll is a vanity press. You send them money; they print junk in their "commemorative yearbook." Doesn't mean a thing. Please see my posting at http://www.collegeconfidential.com/cgi-bin/discus/show.cgi?6/35760 Hope this helps.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page