Which one should i do

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: High School Life and Pre-college Issues: May, 2003 and Earlier Archive: Which one should i do
By ioio on Monday, January 27, 2003 - 12:43 pm: Edit

either go to a summer program(which costs a bunch) or stay home and get a job and take classes at a community college

By incognito on Monday, January 27, 2003 - 06:35 pm: Edit

the latter

By ioio on Tuesday, January 28, 2003 - 01:31 pm: Edit

thanks incognito,
anyone else want to chip in?

By momof2 on Tuesday, January 28, 2003 - 03:16 pm: Edit

If you can afford it (since you were thinking of a $ summer program, anyway) and can find something really interesting to do, I would suggest community college summer school with a half-day volunteer job. Maybe something in your prospective career field - most non-profits can use a variety of talents. One of my sons repaired computers all summer one year - great skill for a college dorm!

By Thedad (Thedad) on Tuesday, January 28, 2003 - 03:26 pm: Edit

Take the CC--get some college credits/grades--and
find a good job/community service/other EC.

By Valley_Girl (Valley_Girl) on Monday, April 21, 2003 - 10:16 pm: Edit

well being as independent as i am i would take the job. if mommy and daddy are willing to pay for you throughout your school year, then chill; but job experience is something that would be very beneficial to your future. a job that works with people is very impressive, gives you connections and opens your commnication skills. i have held down a summer job since summer after ninth grade. i hardly have to ask my parents for money and i have leaarned great time management skills.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page