Scheduling for senior year- Any Help Appreciated

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: High School Life and Pre-college Issues: May, 2003 and Earlier Archive: Scheduling for senior year- Any Help Appreciated
By meka on Saturday, January 25, 2003 - 04:15 pm: Edit

Is it important to take full sequences of classes? Next year (my senior year) I plan to take AP Psychology (as my science) instead of AP Physics. I have never taken physics. (Advanced Bio... Advanced Chem... AP Bio) Is this a big deal? Do you suggest maybe taking Physics at a community college or something and taking the SAT II to show that I know physics (or maybe I could just study a review book and take the SAT II)... Right now, my schedule looks like this:
AP English Literature
AP Calculus
AP Government
AP Psychology
AP Art
Health(Required .5 yr)
Classical History (.5 yr)
Drama
Gym/Off (alternates daily)
I could have gym alternate with health, drop Classical History and then take AP Spanish. However, then I would never have an off period... Also, I really wanted to take classical history... Anyway, assuming that I have comparable "stats" to other applicants, do you think that my schedule next year will be a problem? I know that I sound neurotic (probably because I feel neurotic these days about college admissions) but I just don't want something silly like this to ruin my chances of acceptance at a top school. Any comments/advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

By i lovvvve the tigers on Saturday, January 25, 2003 - 05:05 pm: Edit

Good luck getting a response darling...
...practically nobody comes on to this message forum..
you will be waiting weeks for a response, im sure

By Dori on Sunday, January 26, 2003 - 05:46 pm: Edit

1st off....psych isn't really a science. and it's really only a 1 semster course (unless ur school streches it)

i'm in ap psych as a junior, and it's a total joke. i'm gonna end up studying on my own.

physics is really hard, so unless ur really strong in science, i suggest u take it at high school, and not a CC

your school has a lot of periods....we only have 6, and PE is only required for 2 years. stupid crappy shity public school :(

see if u can take psych at a CC, then use that period for AP Spanish

that's my suggestion!

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page