Any Lawrenceville students out there?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: High School Life and Pre-college Issues: May, 2003 and Earlier Archive: Any Lawrenceville students out there?
By max on Friday, January 24, 2003 - 05:36 pm: Edit

Does anyone have any idea if I have a chance of getting into the Lawrenceville School?

Stats are as follows: All A's and A minuses in middle school (advanced classes, too). I do three sports fairly well (I'm 6'1" and also do well as a center in basketball) and really excel in French. Only 86th percentile on the SSAT, however. Excellent character and letters of recommendation.
I have been told that my chances are not that great for admission, since I am applying as a day student. I have been told that my chances are much greater with this record for Exeter (since I would board).
Any thoughts?

By Person on Friday, January 24, 2003 - 05:53 pm: Edit

I don't think you applying as a day student will hurt your chances unless Lawrenceville has a limited quota on the number of applica

By blah on Friday, January 24, 2003 - 10:08 pm: Edit

Its a Private school, as long as you have the coin and arent a complete dumbass you can get in. plain and simple.

By logic on Tuesday, January 28, 2003 - 10:46 pm: Edit

thats not true, i know plenty of people in my town who were rejected by the private school i now attend...and they all had "the coin."

By Starboard05 (Starboard05) on Wednesday, March 19, 2003 - 01:00 am: Edit

max, I say just go for it and see if you can get in, unless the $40 application fee will severely set you back financially. Better yet, do some more research and see which school is better for you, and don't worry about your chances until you decide. Lawrenceville, I think personally has a nicer campus, but Exeter is a bit more prestigious. Lawrenceville kids also tend to be a little more relaxed, compared to the very driven Exonians, who, by the way, are also very athletic. That said, this is just my own opinion so visit both schools (or if you're applying to more than just Exeter and Lawrenceville, visit all the schools you're considering), see what the kids are like, what the classes are like, etc. and apply. Have a heart - the worst thing that can happen is you'll get rejected (which is unlikely considering your stats so far - a really good essay can go a long way) and I don't know anybody that's applied to numerous private schools that was rejected by all of them. Good luck!

By Jmateoj (Jmateoj) on Wednesday, June 11, 2003 - 01:50 am: Edit

Yeah well I am legacy at Lawrenceville and got in, it is hard and legacy definetly helps. I decided to go to Choate cause their are many day students at Lawrenceville. Since most of my family went to Lawrenceville we receive lots of things. The rumors say that Lawrenceville admissions are now less since they are reforming the school and are trying to bring up the same prestige they had before. I would recommend that you apply to other school like the BIG THREE (ANDOVER, EXETER, AND CHOATE) also consider Deerfield, Hotchkiss, I personally dont like St. Pauls cause its very rural. Good luck. If you need more info message me.

By Celebtracker (Celebtracker) on Friday, July 25, 2003 - 01:48 pm: Edit

see www.celebrityprepschools.com!

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page