AP Chemistry help!!!

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: High School Life and Pre-college Issues: May, 2003 and Earlier Archive: AP Chemistry help!!!
By Heatwave345 (Heatwave345) on Thursday, January 16, 2003 - 08:46 pm: Edit

how do you do the section where you have to predict reactions? (start with the basics please)

thanx in advance

By Adam G. on Thursday, January 16, 2003 - 09:54 pm: Edit

You have to know your poly ions and the different types of reactions! Then do hundreds of predictions to practice.

By sadf on Friday, January 17, 2003 - 08:16 pm: Edit

By the way, if you need some help in Chem, I picked up the AP Chem book from Arco. It's pretty good.

By Adam G. on Saturday, January 18, 2003 - 11:13 am: Edit

The CliffsAP book is bad. Don't get it.

By Cicero (Cicero) on Saturday, January 18, 2003 - 11:07 pm: Edit

For each different type of rxn, pick a key characteristic to look for.

By chemkid on Friday, January 24, 2003 - 12:49 pm: Edit

Look in your textbook, there is most definitely a list of solubility rules.

By Nautical_2000 (Nautical_2000) on Sunday, April 13, 2003 - 11:37 pm: Edit

Princeton Review AP Chem book is the best. If gives you a list of all the prediction types given. However, it doesn't give you any practice. My advice to you would be to get predictions from past years and practice. I used to average a 4/15 on that section. Now I average an 11/15. I'm hoping to get it up to a 15/15 by this May.

By Kaimeluin (Kaimeluin) on Saturday, April 19, 2003 - 08:56 pm: Edit

Net Ionics! I average about 13/15 right now. I need to study a bit more before the AP exam. I agree, learn the polyatomics, charges, common reactions, and solubility!

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page