Ap english

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: High School Life and Pre-college Issues: May, 2003 and Earlier Archive: Ap english
By gurl86 on Friday, December 27, 2002 - 10:21 pm: Edit

im so happy-in my school we needed to get at least a 55 to get into ap english and i got a 58! has any1 taken ap english? how is it? is the ap test hard? thanks

By APEnglish on Tuesday, January 07, 2003 - 09:05 pm: Edit

I took AP English language/Composition when I was in 11th grade ( I am a senior now, and in AP English Literature/Composition).. Anywho, what I basically did to prepare for the exam was study the literary terms/devices, etc (like Symbolism, diction..etc) because you WILL NOT do well on the multiple choice or the essay if you don't know what they are asking you! My teacher gave us a lot of practice essays, and even though she barely made any corrections or comments, it helped me because it just got me used to the format of the essays, allowing me to gauge my time and see the different types of possible essays. As for the multiple choice, on all of the practice tests I took, I didn't do well. But I found that on the actual AP test, the selections were not ALL extremely difficult. So ya, I got a 5. I hope my suggestions help and I'll try to check back on this board if you have any other questions for me.

By gurl86 on Tuesday, January 07, 2003 - 09:18 pm: Edit

congrats on the 5-thats so cool-anyway, i just wanted to know what kind of books do u have to read for ap english?

By ABC on Tuesday, January 07, 2003 - 10:54 pm: Edit

I haven't tried them out but a friend of mine used REA English Literature and Composition and Cliffs English Literature and Composition.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page