NHS

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: High School Life and Pre-college Issues: May, 2003 and Earlier Archive: NHS
By NHS on Tuesday, December 17, 2002 - 08:53 pm: Edit

This year I applied for induction into the National Honor Society. I was rejected for not having any worthwhile leadership positions beside coordinator of food and beverages for the Foreign Language Club. Given my co-curricular and community service participation are fine, what can you suggest for me to join to be inducted.

By goldenhurricanes on Sunday, December 29, 2002 - 10:50 pm: Edit

I would get involved in FCCLA, FFA, BPA, HOSA, Skills USA-VICA, TSA, or something like that... Also run for class office, that always helps. :-) Other than that, I don't know... Sorry... I could tell you what all I'm in, but I think my school's chapter's requirements are odd anyway...

By aicaramba on Tuesday, December 31, 2002 - 01:19 am: Edit

FCCLA? FFA? BBA? HOSA? USA-VICA? TSA? never even heard of those freakin organizations yeesh...

what does those things stand for?

By Wade Leahy on Tuesday, December 31, 2002 - 02:40 pm: Edit

Only one I know is FFA (Future Farmers of America). It's this agricultural education organization. It's pretty cool. If I would have been in a public school, I would have joined.

By sf on Sunday, January 05, 2003 - 03:26 pm: Edit

hehe, i looked over here because i thought you were talking about Norcross High School! hehe

By Jeff on Thursday, February 13, 2003 - 01:56 am: Edit

Any club or sport will do but try to become a leader, captain, or officer in it. At my school two programs that look awesome are REACH (where you help students with disabilities or they are mentally retarded) and Peer Mentoring (where you go to freshman class and talk about subjects like bullying) Other good clubs would be Peer Mediation (a supervised mediation of like anger management thing after students have a fight) Student Council, and Debate Team. Also I don't know about your school but leadership can also include outside jobs like babysitting, closing up shop (if you work), or youth group. TATU and SADD are also good because you give presentation against doing drugs and stuff of course. All these organizations will apparently not help if you have a "bad" deans record (sponsor of NHS not liking you) which is why I didn't make it in so you are not alone.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page