North Atlantic Regional Schools

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: High School Life and Pre-college Issues: September - November, 2003 Archive: North Atlantic Regional Schools
By Nitokenshi (Nitokenshi) on Friday, October 03, 2003 - 06:47 pm: Edit

Does anybody know anything about this school? Here is the link http://www.narsdiploma.com.

Also I checked to see if this school was legit at the maine.gov site and it said it was a PRIVATE SCHOOLS RECOGNIZED AS PROVIDING EQUIVALENT INSTRUCTION FOR PURPOSES OF 20-A M.R.S.A. 5001-A (compulsory attendance)

What does this mean?

By Mazzystar (Mazzystar) on Friday, October 03, 2003 - 08:33 pm: Edit

I think it's a homeschooling service.

By Nitokenshi (Nitokenshi) on Friday, October 03, 2003 - 10:16 pm: Edit

I know that. What I really want to know is if I can get into college with there dimploma. I have checked out out some forums and kids were able to get in to college with it but I just want to make sure.

By Jcsmom (Jcsmom) on Friday, October 03, 2003 - 10:34 pm: Edit

My son was registered with NARS until this year. It is great if you can't keep up with your own credits and write your own transcript (good for inexperienced homeschoolers, I guess) but it will get you NOTHING more than you will get if you just write your own transcript and take the tests as required of all college applicants.

After talking to admissions offices from several colleges, I realized we were wasting our money on NARS. NARS is 'recognized' as a private school, but not "accredited". You as a homeschooler are also considered a 'private' school in most states....so you are essentially equal to NARS. You can get into college just as easy without their diploma as you can with their diploma.

JCsMom

By Nitokenshi (Nitokenshi) on Saturday, October 04, 2003 - 10:49 am: Edit

I have 16 credits and would like to transfer into an accredited school that allows me to do independent studying. Any suggestions JCsMom

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page