VOLUNTEERING?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: High School Life and Pre-college Issues: May, 2003 and Earlier Archive: VOLUNTEERING?
By mookavacca on Thursday, December 05, 2002 - 03:36 pm: Edit

what kind of volunteer projects are you guys committed to? Its hard to find time to volunteer with such a busy schedule. How many hours a week do you spend volunteering? Any ideas for me?

By asdf on Friday, December 06, 2002 - 12:45 am: Edit

In my sophmore year, I started volunteering like 10 hours a week doing that usual boring stuff - pushing wheelchair paitients around, running errands, blah.
as a senior, I decided to do cool stuff and am instead creating the website for a veteran's hospital. I am also tutoring college students on weekends. Much much more fun than pushing old guys around (not that i have anything against them).

My advice is to find something you enjoy doing.

By Crazyandy (Crazyandy) on Thursday, March 27, 2003 - 08:54 pm: Edit

Besides helping around at school during the year, I just volunteer in the summer. I teach vocation bible school at 2 locations and I also help out with the LPGA Golf tourney that comes to the area. Both are a lot of fun.

By Valley_Girl (Valley_Girl) on Monday, April 21, 2003 - 10:09 pm: Edit

i am in key club at my school. before i go to work on saturday, i like to go down to the homeless shelter and prepare a nice meal for them. i once volunteered for a boys and girls club, tutoring, playing with children, and a hospital; but i found the homeless shelter to really help me to personally feel like i am contributing to society.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page