CHOATE ROSEMARY HALL

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: High School Life and Pre-college Issues: May, 2003 and Earlier Archive: CHOATE ROSEMARY HALL
By Sportsstar99 (Sportsstar99) on Saturday, May 17, 2003 - 07:18 pm: Edit

hey, could anyone and everyone who knows anything about choate what so ever post here please!!?? i am looking to find out as much as i can ( anything from unspecific to very detailed)i will be attending next year and am really curious! thanks so much

By Beanoctco (Beanoctco) on Saturday, May 17, 2003 - 09:01 pm: Edit

Choate is a great school. You'll be glad that you decided to attend. Choate is a school that few schools match. What other schools did you apply to?

By Sportsstar99 (Sportsstar99) on Saturday, May 17, 2003 - 10:51 pm: Edit

i also applied to loomis, miss porters, and hotchkiss and got into all of them, but ended up choosing choate because i decided not to board. i assume that u go to choate? what is it that makes you like it so much? also, how hard is it to meet people at first and get adjusted to the social aspect?

By Beanoctco (Beanoctco) on Sunday, May 18, 2003 - 03:34 pm: Edit

Yes, I go to Choate. Choate is just a place where individuality is cherished. People here are generally open, tolerant, and respectful. Choate also has one of the strongest academics compared with other boarding schools. Out of Loomis, Miss Porters, and Hotchkiss, Choate is definitely the no-brainer. Our academics and our reputation does not match with those schools.

By Chen (Chen) on Sunday, May 18, 2003 - 04:21 pm: Edit

lmao, I hear Choate is filled with a bunch of druggies.

By Laxbaby9 (Laxbaby9) on Sunday, May 18, 2003 - 05:32 pm: Edit

chen , yur probably a druggie... so go away. anyways, yeah choate has some druggies... but so does everywhere else, and i am positive choate doesnt have as many as alot of other schools do. yah, well sportsstar99... choate is definatly a great school and i like it alot, not when it is exam time and i have alot to do, but when i get past that its great. i have made a ton of great friends so dont worry about it im sure yull luv it 2

By Beez885 (Beez885) on Wednesday, May 21, 2003 - 08:44 pm: Edit

hey. i am going to choate next year too.

By Jmateoj (Jmateoj) on Wednesday, June 11, 2003 - 01:40 am: Edit

I am going to Choate next fall and i am thrilled. Congrats to all of us for not being one of the 1000 or more rejected. Could you please expand me more on the Crew instructional, and on the drugs issue? I heard Choate, Lawrenceville, Andover, and Exeter had lots of drugs problems because of their size. Is this true? But doesnt the school kick them out? Do they do test to control them or what?

By Jmateoj (Jmateoj) on Wednesday, June 11, 2003 - 01:42 am: Edit

Sportsstar99 well u know Choate has a big campus nice building always said to be part of the BIG 3'S ANDOVER, EXETER, AND CHOATE. I am going to be a new 5th former this fall and I am sure we both will love the school, its much more relax than Exeter and people are more social so they say I dont know...

By Celebtracker (Celebtracker) on Friday, July 25, 2003 - 01:49 pm: Edit

. . . see www.celebrityprepschools.com for more about this school!

By Cake11 (Cake11) on Wednesday, August 20, 2003 - 06:11 pm: Edit

i am going to choate in a few weeks and i am extremely nervous!!!! i am sooooo scared that i wont make friends, my classes will be too hard or i wont make the soccer team... ahhhh

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page