Duke Precollege Program? (TIP)

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: High School Life and Pre-college Issues: May, 2003 and Earlier Archive: Duke Precollege Program? (TIP)
By Mg2004 (Mg2004) on Friday, May 09, 2003 - 10:54 pm: Edit

Could anyone share their experiences with this program? I'm a little nervous about attending it..its 6 weeks and i really have no idea what i'm getting myself into! Anything would be helpful!
Thanks!

By Texas137 (Texas137) on Friday, May 09, 2003 - 11:05 pm: Edit

My son attended Duke TIPs several years ago. It was a great experience! He really enjoyed it, and learned a ton. It was only a 3 week program, but he's been to longer camps since (elsewhere, not Duke), and the time has flown by. You'll have a wonderful time. BTW - there was a thread on this a few months ago. You might try searching for it.

By Mg2004 (Mg2004) on Saturday, May 10, 2003 - 05:43 pm: Edit

thanks for responding!

By Rondafaye (Rondafaye) on Sunday, May 11, 2003 - 11:26 pm: Edit

My daugher didn't do the pre-college program, but she did the TIP 3-week program after 9th and 10th grades. She loved it -- said going was the best experience of her life.

This year she is going to the Youth Theological Initiative. It's a 4-week program at Emory that she had to apply for, and about 50 people were selected to attend. The good thing is that the Eli Lilly Foundation provides a grant to everyone selected. The grant pays all costs. My daughter is very excited.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page