Advice on Summer Programs at Universities

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: High School Life and Pre-college Issues: May, 2003 and Earlier Archive: Advice on Summer Programs at Universities
By Drdrumz (Drdrumz) on Thursday, May 08, 2003 - 10:09 pm: Edit

I'm a sophomore right now in high school hoping to major in Bio/Pre-Med field. I am looking different Summer programs: National Youth Leadership Forum on Medicine, Columbia Summer Program...
I was wondering if anybody has any experience with these programs and what impact it will have on my resume if i do them. I ask this question because I talked about these programs with my high school counselor and she said that these are great programs but Colleges will not necessarily look at me as any better than someone who didnt take these programs. She said this happens becuase some people cannot afford these. I'm am very interested in this field and would like any advice on what to do.

By Jenniferpa (Jenniferpa) on Friday, May 09, 2003 - 07:10 am: Edit

Well you might want to search on these boards for National Youth Leadership. There are a couple of threads discussing this program. I think your counselor is right. On the other hand if you (or your parents) can afford it it's better than doing nothing all summer. I will say, though, you've left it a little late for this year.

By Nhfrenchie (Nhfrenchie) on Wednesday, May 21, 2003 - 01:52 pm: Edit

Although not a resident program, Tufts has a Health Science Honors Program that I heard was pretty good!

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page