IB pass rate!?!?!

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: High School Life and Pre-college Issues: May, 2003 and Earlier Archive: IB pass rate!?!?!
By Poutingminotaur (Poutingminotaur) on Tuesday, May 06, 2003 - 09:52 pm: Edit

does anyone know what is the pass rate for the different IB exams? or any kind of statistical reference for the different IB exmas?
cos the for the APs you know about how well you need to do to get a certain score... but IB seems like such a mystery!

By Tuannguyen (Tuannguyen) on Tuesday, May 06, 2003 - 11:11 pm: Edit

I don't think they give out that information. The only statistics i think i've ever seen from them is the pass rate for those who attempt to get the IB Diploma, which is 80%. So yeah, 20% of all those who attempt to get the IB Diploma fail to take it due to failure/difficulties of some sort.

By Divingin (Divingin) on Wednesday, May 21, 2003 - 06:59 am: Edit

okay this is the deal ... if you're getting at least 75% right in an IB paper, you're on about a 7 (this obviously varies from paper to paper as the standards change for different years/diff papers etc) which is the top grade. it sounds easy to anyone not taking IB but once you're doing past papers i assure you, 75% is great :) other than that, not really sure about other grades- IT REALLY DOES VARY. i've known papers set that have been insaely hard and the grade boundaries have to shift (obviously) because teachers have complained and stuff.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page