How does this boarding school rank

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: High School Life and Pre-college Issues: May, 2003 and Earlier Archive: How does this boarding school rank
By Ncaafootball03 (Ncaafootball03) on Sunday, May 04, 2003 - 02:05 pm: Edit

episcopal highschool in alexandria, va. www.episcopalhighschool.org

By Starboard05 (Starboard05) on Sunday, May 04, 2003 - 06:05 pm: Edit

neverheard of it

By Gianscolere (Gianscolere) on Monday, May 05, 2003 - 06:08 pm: Edit

I was reading a book on elite boarding schools, and it was mentioned as one of the elite 16.

By Brickyard (Brickyard) on Monday, May 05, 2003 - 08:56 pm: Edit

So what were the top 10 according to your book?

By Andover05 (Andover05) on Tuesday, May 06, 2003 - 08:37 pm: Edit

Andover, Exeter,St. Paul's Deerfield, Choate, Hotchkiss Taft, Milton, Brooks, Lawrenceville

I think they are in that order, about 80 positive, but no one is perfect.

By Brickyard (Brickyard) on Tuesday, May 06, 2003 - 11:52 pm: Edit

Your are mentioning The Ten School Alliance. What definition you put to "elite" then becomes the issue. It is hard to tell from the names who is asking this question. Andover05 seems to have made a determination. Episcopal is small. What style of education are you seeking?

By Gianscolere (Gianscolere) on Wednesday, May 07, 2003 - 07:20 pm: Edit

The book I checked out from the library like a year ago is entitled "Preparing for Power: America's Elite Boarding Schools." I don't exactly remember what's in the top ten, but most of the prestige 7 schools are definitely on it.

By Andover05 (Andover05) on Thursday, May 08, 2003 - 10:32 am: Edit

Brickyard that is true, but the fact that you overlooked is that the reason there is a ten school alliance, is because these are the schools that most people want to get into, or produce the most applications, not to mention the prestige of all of the school in the ten school alliance. As I have stated before, I am not entirely sure if all schools are on there that I have mentioned, but I do know that I have listed them according to their reputation, more or less, but beware, when you talk about the ten school alliance, you are talking about the top 2% of the 'elite' borading schools in New England. Im pretty sure no one wants to argue the superiority of the New England boarding schools verses the midwest, or west coast.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page