IB projects??

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: High School Life and Pre-college Issues: May, 2003 and Earlier Archive: IB projects??
By Perpendicular (Perpendicular) on Saturday, May 03, 2003 - 03:15 am: Edit

Does anyone know websites that post IB projects??

By Poutingminotaur (Poutingminotaur) on Sunday, May 04, 2003 - 12:28 am: Edit

what IB projects do you mean? extended essay? curriculum projects? community service projects?

By Perpendicular (Perpendicular) on Sunday, May 04, 2003 - 06:23 pm: Edit

All kinds... especially Bio, Phys lab reports and TOK essays.... thanx ^^

By Poutingminotaur (Poutingminotaur) on Monday, May 05, 2003 - 12:49 am: Edit

the lab reports... i never really used any outside resources. basically the past few years being in lab sciences class (chem h, bio ap etc) gave me enough guidances in writing lab reports. then tok essays... the text books that we used in class helped a lot, (i often quote stuff from them) but then also just typing in words related to your prescribed title into google is really helpful. there are quite some tok sites out there, and they usually have some thought provoking articles, resources etc. extended essay... well i know the IB study guides publiched by Oxford have a section in the back that helps people writing writing the extended essay in certain topics. like the bio study guide i have, have the section that helps people writing the a extended essay in bio. so that gives you a bit of a guidance as to how to organize things and such. and when you gather sources for your essay, try to see if you can access the library of colleges around your area (preferrably the library of a 4 year university) because they often have a lot more books and resource than the highschool library or the local community library.

hope all these help, and good luck!

By Ibkid (Ibkid) on Monday, May 05, 2003 - 05:22 am: Edit

hey!
go to www.ibscrewed.com
then click on RESOURCES...here are a list of pages which can help u!

By Perpendicular (Perpendicular) on Monday, May 05, 2003 - 05:37 am: Edit

Thanx a lot... My problem is that I study in Mainland China (I am originally from R.O.C) and that my school has just established DP programme and really has hardly ANY resources. We don't even have a counselor and have to arrange everything ourselves. I intend to major in Biology in the future(100%) and the school finally hired a Biology teacher for me this sememster. This man, however, has never been a teacher before and has been working as a researcher in an US university. Although he works very hard and is very responsible, I try to find access from other places by myself. I concern about lab experiments the most because I am now in grade 11th and haven't even started an Bio experiment yet, can you believe it? I know it's not the teacher's problem because he has just come to China and has to get everything prepared for teaching, for my school has hardly any. I really want to help him out, as well as myself. Thank you for helping me anyway... I think it's really useful... ^_^

By Perpendicular (Perpendicular) on Monday, May 05, 2003 - 05:40 am: Edit

Ibkid... thank you so much... It really helps... ^_^

By Ibkid (Ibkid) on Monday, May 12, 2003 - 07:24 am: Edit

ur welcome! :)

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page