Which looks better on a college app?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: High School Life and Pre-college Issues: May, 2003 and Earlier Archive: Which looks better on a college app?
By Aliasswim04 (Aliasswim04) on Monday, April 28, 2003 - 09:08 pm: Edit

I've been taking French since the 5th grade and am currently a junior. At our school, at the end of the 1st semester of the senior year, everyone who has taken a language for all 4 years at the school has their language grades averaged. Whoever has maintained the highest GPA for thier language in their class gets a special award. I am currently definitely within the top 3 contenders. Should I take the regular course next year (it's gonna be easy and therefore practically guarantee I get that award cuz I think the other contenders are taking the honors course) or take the honors course which is hard and may perhaps knock me down to #2 or something?

By Texas137 (Texas137) on Monday, April 28, 2003 - 09:16 pm: Edit

My vote is to take the honors course. I think the honors designation on your transcript would be worth more than the school award, and it sounds like you would learn more. This is the old "should I take an easy course and make an A, or a harder course and risk making a B?" question.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page