Math courses

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: High School Life and Pre-college Issues: May, 2003 and Earlier Archive: Math courses
By Agentx004 (Agentx004) on Sunday, April 27, 2003 - 11:44 am: Edit

hello. i've taken the first year of math in junior high school, yet my high school failed to recognize it. i live in new york city so i have to complete math A and math B. im doing math A now which is two years of work. i'll finish before the spring term of my sophomore year and then do math B, which is three semesters. my question is, assuming everything else is stellar, how will columbia and nyu view me a student if i dont an AP math class? both math a and math b will be completed by the end of my junior year, leaving me to take precal...that means i wont be able to take calculus in HS! help!

By Premed88 (Premed88) on Sunday, April 27, 2003 - 12:00 pm: Edit

maybe u can do precalc over the summer...it's not that hard.

By Agentx004 (Agentx004) on Sunday, April 27, 2003 - 02:24 pm: Edit

the thing is new york has a new law saying that we cant take a course over the summer unless we previously failed it.

By Nyu2010 (Nyu2010) on Thursday, May 01, 2003 - 10:20 pm: Edit

How could that be a law? I just don't get it. I want to be in all APs, so the summer after next I'm going to take at least two course during the summer so I can be cought up.

By Nyu2010 (Nyu2010) on Thursday, May 01, 2003 - 10:20 pm: Edit

How could that be a law? I just don't get it. I want to be in all APs, so the summer after next I'm going to take at least two course during the summer so I can be caught up.

By Texas137 (Texas137) on Thursday, May 01, 2003 - 11:26 pm: Edit

Maybe it's just a law that the school district doesn't have to pay for it. You can sign up for anything you want to privately and pay for it yourself.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page