AP Micro and AP Macro Economics

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: High School Life and Pre-college Issues: May, 2003 and Earlier Archive: AP Micro and AP Macro Economics
By Mfacusse (Mfacusse) on Thursday, April 24, 2003 - 04:06 pm: Edit

Have any of you guys taken these courses? I'm taking Microeconomics during the summer so that I can do well in these..

Post your comments on these courses

By Abracadabra (Abracadabra) on Friday, April 25, 2003 - 06:01 am: Edit

i'm gonna be taking macroeconomics

By Apguy (Apguy) on Friday, April 25, 2003 - 05:22 pm: Edit

Ditto, I'm taking Macro next year. Does it rely very heavily on math skills?

By Mfacusse (Mfacusse) on Friday, April 25, 2003 - 06:30 pm: Edit

I dunno...

By Nautical_2000 (Nautical_2000) on Saturday, April 26, 2003 - 10:19 am: Edit

I'm taking Macro. At my school it's just a 1 semester course. The class is not hard at all, but I wouldn't say easy either.

It's almost like a history class, mixed in with a very, very basic math class. And by this I mean you have to memorize certain facts like the supply curve moves left when... but there isn't as much to memorize w/ this class as with a history class. Plus there's some very MINIMAL, very basic math to back it up. Really simple formulas like: (1/MPC). The math part makes the memorizing stuff a little easier to comprehend. I've barely studied at all for the AP test.

I took a pratice a couple of weeks ago (we hadn't finished learning everything either) and I scored a solid 4. This is definitely one of your more easiest AP tests.

I'm sure you'll all do fine... :)

By Jollyapplepie (Jollyapplepie) on Saturday, April 26, 2003 - 04:35 pm: Edit

I'll be taking Macro next year, and I'm thinking about studying Micro by myself over the summer. If I take both Econ. AP tests, will I get a 4/more?

By Nautical_2000 (Nautical_2000) on Sunday, April 27, 2003 - 12:18 pm: Edit

jolly, you should get a 4 or more; both of these tests are relatively easy, at least compared to other APs

By Utop114 (Utop114) on Sunday, April 27, 2003 - 07:31 pm: Edit

Is it possible to learn Macro and Micro by yourself and still do well on the AP's.

By Adela (Adela) on Sunday, May 11, 2003 - 02:00 am: Edit

yes definetely.. if u study hard and do practice tests :) kaplan is really good.. hope it helps

By Ashleycrombie (Ashleycrombie) on Monday, May 12, 2003 - 10:24 pm: Edit

took both this year. really easy. it's all common sense.

By Chibigab (Chibigab) on Thursday, May 15, 2003 - 09:41 pm: Edit

AP was today for Micro and Macro - I took them both this school year. If you can understand basic economic theory than the classes are pretty easy. Micro seemed harder to me, but I didn't study for it as long as Macro. Econ is a great subject and definetely my favorite class this year

By Jmateoj (Jmateoj) on Tuesday, June 17, 2003 - 11:34 pm: Edit

I am taking AP Macroeconomics and AP Macroeconomics this fall at prep school (Choate) I wanted to see what I need to know and how is the course is it very difficult do you need to study a lot, do you need to know a lot of math or is it more analyisis please tell me about it and tell me what good books for review like cliff notes etc can i use to complement the other ones

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page