|By Indcat (Indcat) on Friday, July 23, 2004 - 03:48 am: Edit|
id like people to rate my chances
1. 1430 SAT1 660V,770M
2. GPA of 4.0. Rank 3 out of 150(very competitive school)
3. 94% in Indian CBSE-X boards.
4. Musician (Classical Music) with 6 yr training and B.A. diploma and concerts.
5. Superb EC's
Editor for last 5 yrs
Asst Ed in designing school website
Vice Cap of Quiz Team
Vive President of History Club
Vice President of Debate Team
Member of School Band
Most Decorated (badges) student
6. Tremendous award winning voluntary work for literacy , leprosy ,blood donation.
7. 2nd youngest student in State to qualify for University Maths lectures .
8. Winner of Badge of Honor for exceptional leadership
9. Won Scholar’s Badge every year for outstanding academic achievement.
10. Won 1 Gold Card and 3 Silver Cards for subject highest marks.
11. Winner of trophy for Highest Marks (Hindi) in district
12. District Rank – 16/2600(approx)
13. Successfully completed rigorous outdoor based learning program in mountain biking.
14. GRADUATE DIPLOMA IN INDIAN CLAASICAL MUSIC. Have 6 certificates . Completed at age 16 and minimum eligibilty was also 16
Will give SAT-IIs in Math , Writing , Literature
Amherst, Bates , Colby ,Colgate ,Dartmouth ,Davidson, , Midd ,SWARTHMORE, Oberlin , Pomona , Vanderbilt , Vassar , Williams
can afford only 8,000$p.a
Any chances???????? I NEED AID
Thanks for all inputs
|By Congresssenator (Congresssenator) on Friday, July 23, 2004 - 08:25 pm: Edit|
Wait...are you an international?
|By Indcat (Indcat) on Saturday, July 24, 2004 - 03:59 am: Edit|
ya....Do i seem the type for getting aid?
|By Daria1000 (Daria1000) on Sunday, July 25, 2004 - 11:58 pm: Edit|
my advice is that you shouldn't come off too cocky in your apps. You described your ecs as superb and an award as tremendous: even if it's true, they don't want you to be so sure of yourself.
|By Indcat (Indcat) on Monday, July 26, 2004 - 11:18 am: Edit|
ya sorry for that......dont worry id come back to planet earth when im writing my apps........
Aside that is there ANY chance for me to be in the lucky 4?
|By Indcat (Indcat) on Sunday, August 01, 2004 - 06:21 am: Edit|
|By Gnatcire (Gnatcire) on Sunday, August 01, 2004 - 02:00 pm: Edit|
I'd say that you are well in the running, but I am not familiar with how competitive the international pool of applicants is. I don't believe there is need-blind financial aid for international students also, but you do seem like a very strong candidate, so you might get what you need. The only thing I can see that might be a little low is your verbal SAT score, but that can be excused for your being an international student.
|By Indcat (Indcat) on Wednesday, August 04, 2004 - 10:58 am: Edit|
Report an offensive message on this page E-mail this page to a friend
|Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.|
|Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only|