MIT waitlist

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: Individual Schools: US News Top 25: Massachusetts Institute of Technology: 2004 Archive: MIT waitlist
By Yoyo (Yoyo) on Tuesday, March 18, 2003 - 07:59 pm: Edit

hey--

after talking to people from my school, i found out that 2 people got in, most people got rejected, and i was the only one on the waitlist.

any advice for me on what i should do to show to the admissions officers that i still really want to go?

thanks

By Congocross (Congocross) on Wednesday, March 19, 2003 - 05:41 pm: Edit

Get in contact with a person from admission get his phone number or email (prefered). Have write to him/her every 1-2week and report everything that happen to you. If you have any major accomplishment, publish or got newspaper cliping send it to them. Prepare a profolio (from varies subject english, history, art, math, science...). Keep emphaizing your desire to go to that school and when time comes to pick from the waitlist, Yoyo, your chance will be much higher than others. Good luck!

By Thisistrue (Thisistrue) on Thursday, April 10, 2003 - 09:09 pm: Edit

Some people wrote about MIT waitlist. take a look at this.

---------------------------------

Is there anyone who got waitlisted by MIT?

If there is, this will be useful for them.

MIT's waitlist is a way they use to inform you that you are qualified but because they already have already accepted enough applicants from the state or country you are applying from, they would rather take someone with less qualification BUT who can contribute to MIT's so called diversity. So that they can say, we have admitted students from 100 different countries and all 50 states and all that crap.

It is even harder to get off the waitlist from MIT than at Harvard or Stanford. So sad!!!

It would have been better if they just said, NO. The waitlist gives us a false hope that "OH !! There is a CHANCE >!@#!@:"

Yeah right!!

My school has 500 students in the senior year and about 50 students from my school have applied to MIT in previous years, and there was not a single person who got off the waitlist.

After hearing that from my school counselor, I reply to the admissions office in that freaking post card that they sent me saying that I am enrolling at U. Penn!!!

It's much better to get it over with than to drag along with them thinking you might get accepted later on. Think of the poor sod who was deferred then waitlisted then rejected.

I mean who wants to go to MIT filling up a spot when you can be celebrated to join other universities, U. Penn in my case.

I feel all dirty when I think that MIT picked some idiot instead of me. And now that "I" said no to the university, not the university saying no to me, it feels great.

Also, it's good to know that all this admissions s h * t is over.

Try it out with the "small" post card you have. You will feel much better.

Good luck to ya all!

By Litex_Ole (Litex_Ole) on Monday, May 12, 2003 - 10:25 am: Edit

hey if anyone has heard from admissions about the waiting list please say so

can't wait to see what happens

By Gettingnowhere (Gettingnowhere) on Friday, May 23, 2003 - 02:16 pm: Edit

MIT didn't accept any waitlistees this year because they are overenrolled.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page