FEE Results

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: Individual Schools: US News Top 25: Massachusetts Institute of Technology: 2004 Archive: FEE Results
By P3ar (P3ar) on Friday, July 09, 2004 - 04:03 pm: Edit

FEE Results have been posted. Jesus, they actually read them in-depth and wrote specific criticisms and analysis of our pieces. I woulda spent a little longer on them if I had known...at least I passed =)

By Tbone (Tbone) on Friday, July 09, 2004 - 05:02 pm: Edit

They should just have posted pass or fail. I think I passed but I am not sure. It says, "CI-H/CI-HW Required, You may take any CI-H or CI-HW subject during your first year at MIT."

By Iboycottoxygen (Iboycottoxygen) on Friday, July 09, 2004 - 09:53 pm: Edit

Tbone -- that's what I recieved too. I think it means you can take any Hass-D that is communication intensive. That's what I did anyway... we'll have to see what happens. That will be fun explaining to my counselor if I screw up.

By Mitwannabe (Mitwannabe) on Saturday, July 10, 2004 - 12:02 am: Edit

omg yeah, my heart like skipped a series of beats. i think it means we passed b/c it's equivalent to getting a 5 on the ap english lit or comp, which would exempt us from it, so we passed (but holy crap, talk about insensitive communication)

By Tbone (Tbone) on Saturday, July 10, 2004 - 01:19 am: Edit

Does passing the FEE mean we are competent to write for the HASS classes? Or should we do CI-HW instead of CI-H?

By Mrowry (Mrowry) on Saturday, July 10, 2004 - 02:36 am: Edit

Wow, you guys got comments? What kind of stuff did the scorers write?

By Catsom (Catsom) on Monday, July 12, 2004 - 04:30 pm: Edit

Non-standardization of grading is great.

So here's the deal. "Pass", like you thought, is CI-H/CI-HW Required (I was worried too when I saw it ^_^ ). That means you're good enough, Tbone, to take any CI class you want, including a HASS-D course. The next level after that is CI-HW Required, meaning you have to take a course focused specifically on writing. "Fail" is a somewhat harsh term so, if you don't receive either of the above two, it means that MIT treats you as a speaker of another language and you have to take an English for Non-Natives class.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page