Admissions process

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: Individual Schools: US News Top 25: Massachusetts Institute of Technology: 2004 Archive: Admissions process
By Notegirl15 (Notegirl15) on Tuesday, March 04, 2003 - 10:31 pm: Edit

Anyone here know what goes on behind the scenes during the admissions process? Who looks at your application, etc?

I am personally applying as a freshman to transfer my sophomore year, but MIT has hardly any information for transfer students, much less information for students who decide to transfer early like me.

I finally found someone at the school who ran a few questions by the admissions office, but I'm still confused about the whole process.

Any help you could give would be great!

By Andymcgav (Andymcgav) on Friday, May 23, 2003 - 10:07 pm: Edit

This is really late, but I'll tell you how they do it. My aunt is on the admissions board, and my sister attended, and they told me everything. The format is like a big board. On the longitude they have the great SAT's and Grades starting on the left to the not so great on the right. On the latitude they have the great EC's and extras on the top, and the not so great near the bottom. The students who rank in the Northwest usually always get in, and the students in the Southeast corner don't usually get in. Hope this is a help.

By Notegirl15 (Notegirl15) on Wednesday, May 28, 2003 - 12:40 am: Edit

Thank you.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page