Best Route to MIT

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: Individual Schools: US News Top 25: Massachusetts Institute of Technology: 2004 Archive: Best Route to MIT
By Bmueller220 (Bmueller220) on Tuesday, June 08, 2004 - 08:45 pm: Edit

As of right now I am a high school freshman trying to figure out what is neccesary for MIT I will list stats so far and classes I will take.

GT classes are weighted one point and HOnors .5

9th

GT US history A
GT English 9 A
GT BIO A
GT Algebra II A
H Spanish I A
Weighted 4.9
UN Weighted 4.0

10th
AP Govt.
GT english 10
GT Chemistry
GT PreCalc.
H Spanish II

11th
AP World history
GT ENglish 11
GT Physics
AP CALC BC
AP Phsycology

12th

AP European History
AP ENglish
AP PHysics
Gt Differential Equations
AP Statistics
AP Comparitive Govt and Politics

I took SATs through DUKE in 7th grade
M: 720
V: 540
PSATs in 8th
M:76
V:62
Dont remember other part or want to look up

ECs
Current VP of Academic Team
Member of , Pshycology CLub, , Political Science Club and Math team
I have to have 100 hours of community sevice to graduate

Current Class Rank 1/500+

Oh My parents had suggested me going to the best private school in the state as compared to the about 10th best public, would that help at all?
Thanks

By Bmueller220 (Bmueller220) on Tuesday, June 08, 2004 - 09:10 pm: Edit

oh yeah forgot to add H spansih III and H spanish IV for junior and senior years

By Neo (Neo) on Tuesday, June 08, 2004 - 09:44 pm: Edit

Haha...freshie come to CCD, wants to go to MIT...

By Jarchivist (Jarchivist) on Thursday, June 10, 2004 - 12:01 am: Edit

Stats, etc. look pretty good. Work on your Verbal score (MIT has communications requirements, so I think they want you to be pretty good at verbals).. of course, since you took them in 7th grade, your scores will be pretty good when you take it again in 10th grade. :)

APs, etc. are fun :) You don't get too much transfer credit and AP credit at MIT though, so don't get your hopes up.

Private vs. public is your decision - where will you be happier? Where will there be better education adn extracurricular opportunities? Most people I know at MIT came from public schools (or public magnet/governor's academies type schools). I don't think it really matters as long as it's obvious that you challenged yourself academically.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page