E-MAIL at Duke

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: Individual Schools: US News Top 25: Duke University: 2004 Archive: E-MAIL at Duke
By M2004 (M2004) on Tuesday, June 08, 2004 - 06:27 pm: Edit

maybe I am doing this incorrectly...but for some reason I am unable to access my inbox. I am suppossed to go to www.duke.edu/online and then type in my net id and password, right?

all I can get to once I do all this is.."how to change your email alias" "email forwarding" and "password help"

I think I am doing something wrong...

By Ny25 (Ny25) on Tuesday, June 08, 2004 - 06:56 pm: Edit

go to mail.duke.edu thats how i get to it

By Sirelio (Sirelio) on Wednesday, June 09, 2004 - 01:35 am: Edit

go to mail.duke.edu

By Smarty1600 (Smarty1600) on Wednesday, June 09, 2004 - 06:33 am: Edit

Or you can download "mulberry" so the client is on your desktop. The dl is somewhere on the duke website.

By Startnow (Startnow) on Wednesday, June 09, 2004 - 04:43 pm: Edit

well, kinda embarrased to ask this, but does anyone know how to change the font of the email text?

By Kerfin (Kerfin) on Thursday, June 10, 2004 - 08:48 am: Edit

I'm confused. What is the difference between the "email alias" and the "email address"?
E-mails go to the same inbox, so why aren't they the same address?
0_0

By Ay_Caramba (Ay_Caramba) on Thursday, June 10, 2004 - 12:10 pm: Edit

your email address is set, it's always your netID@duke.edu. You can change your email alias to pretty much anything you want. Duke made one for you as you can probably tell: firstname.lastname@duke.edu, but you can change it to anything you want. just go here: http://www.duke.edu/online and click on "change your email alias" under E-Mail Services.

By Kerfin (Kerfin) on Thursday, June 10, 2004 - 01:47 pm: Edit

Oh ok thanks then.. but it's weird we'd have two :|
I guess it's easier for them if they just set us with one right away then. :)

By Theguac (Theguac) on Thursday, June 10, 2004 - 11:03 pm: Edit

We have two different emails because Duke thought we needed one name for formal correspondencies and one for casual ones. Obviously, the one with the netid in front will be the one used for friends and family; however, for internships and conversations with more formal people (like professors), then it is often better to use the one with your name.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page