Tell me about Next House

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: Individual Schools: US News Top 25: Massachusetts Institute of Technology: 2004 Archive: Tell me about Next House
By 08beaver (08beaver) on Friday, June 04, 2004 - 07:33 pm: Edit

I had never considered next house (or a lot of west campus for that matter) but then all of a sudden I started to really like it. I might put it as my number 1 choice actually. I used to be all about EC, but not so much anymore. What can you tell me about Next? Do you have to he in the RBA program? What if I apply for the program and get rejected, can I still live at Next? Is the dining hall that great? Is it really one of the nicest looking and most comfortable dorms? Thanks

By Jarchivist (Jarchivist) on Sunday, June 06, 2004 - 06:05 pm: Edit

I think you have to be in RBA to live in Next -- all frosh are in McCormick and Next are automatically in RBA, which is why you have to put down so many choices? (If I can remember back 2 years). Next house has a lot of underclassmen -- starting my year, it started being lots of frosh and sophomores, which is both good and bad. The current upperclassmen are having trouble leaving the dorm so I think Next is trying to rebalance its dorm. Next is a really friendly and communal dorm. No suite kitchens though if that concerns you - there's one large one in the basement that's really nice and large groups of people tend to hang out in.

I don't like campus dining in general but Next food is pretty good and everyone I know who lives there eats there. I'm biased toward my own dorm -- McCormick, but I really like the atmosphere of Next. Rooms are pretty much standard dorm fare but half the dorm has a gorgeous view of the river -- large windows.

Just remmeber that it *is* a long walk in the winter, with a wind tunnel at MacGregor to deal with.

Hope that helps!

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page