Stuff from MIT

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: Individual Schools: US News Top 25: Massachusetts Institute of Technology: 2004 Archive: Stuff from MIT
By Abyss (Abyss) on Wednesday, May 05, 2004 - 08:48 pm: Edit

when should we be recieving the paperwork and information about college in fall from MIT if we sent in our confirmations exactly on May 1st?

By Neo (Neo) on Wednesday, May 05, 2004 - 09:41 pm: Edit

Summer.

By 08beaver (08beaver) on Wednesday, May 05, 2004 - 11:07 pm: Edit

word is that they sent shi t out today

By Wintermute (Wintermute) on Thursday, May 06, 2004 - 08:25 pm: Edit

yeah...I just got it this afternoon. The @#$# packet almost broke my mailbox :)

By Dmar (Dmar) on Thursday, May 06, 2004 - 09:06 pm: Edit

Wintermute, did the packet contain the information for getting our athena accounts? Something like 6 key words you need before you can register...?

By 2bad4u (2bad4u) on Thursday, May 06, 2004 - 10:04 pm: Edit

how was it sent USPS , UPS or DHL god i hate it when they send DHL the delivery people are evil.

What State do you live in?

By Mitwannabe (Mitwannabe) on Thursday, May 06, 2004 - 10:11 pm: Edit

that means it'll arrive in canada in october

By 2bad4u (2bad4u) on Friday, May 07, 2004 - 02:19 pm: Edit

got it today its a huge package

By Thamaster39 (Thamaster39) on Friday, May 07, 2004 - 03:48 pm: Edit

I got it....it was by USPS....its huge, WAYYY too much things to fill out....

By Wintermute (Wintermute) on Friday, May 07, 2004 - 04:08 pm: Edit

Dmar,
yes, it does have all the Athena stuff inside.

By Abyss (Abyss) on Friday, May 07, 2004 - 08:23 pm: Edit

when did you all send in your confirmations?

(is this a good time to call MIT and ask them if they've recieved mine yet?)

By Irishgoldenbird (Irishgoldenbird) on Friday, May 07, 2004 - 08:46 pm: Edit

West Coast and I got mine today - they couldn't fit it in the mailbox - they left it out on my doorstep with no one home! Our horrible neighbors might have stolen it! (they steal lots of our stuff!) So much stuff!!!!

By Mitwannabe (Mitwannabe) on Friday, May 07, 2004 - 09:06 pm: Edit

i sent mine off on may 1st registered mail, lol, i wanted to make sure it got there (i'm west coast, canada)

By Vecter (Vecter) on Friday, May 07, 2004 - 09:49 pm: Edit

Abyss, I called today just to make sure. It's probably a good idea

By Abyss (Abyss) on Sunday, May 09, 2004 - 09:49 am: Edit

Thanks Vecter. What did they tell you?

By Mitwannabe (Mitwannabe) on Monday, May 10, 2004 - 11:08 pm: Edit

yeah, i sent my yes reply thing from canada on the 1st of may, and i havent received anything yet. did u phone the admissions office?

By Tylenol (Tylenol) on Monday, May 10, 2004 - 11:41 pm: Edit

If you sent the reply from Vanoucver on May 1st, MIT should have received it on May 3rd. Hopefully we can get the package soon.

By Mitwannabe (Mitwannabe) on Tuesday, May 11, 2004 - 12:44 am: Edit

haha, i didnt send it THAT fast, lol, i just sent it registered to make sure it got there. so you decided on mit eh, good choice!

By Vecter (Vecter) on Tuesday, May 11, 2004 - 02:23 pm: Edit

Abyss,

they just said "yes, we received your decision to come", took one sec lol

By Abyss (Abyss) on Wednesday, May 12, 2004 - 03:28 pm: Edit

haha thanks. i got it finally ; )

By Mitwannabe (Mitwannabe) on Friday, May 14, 2004 - 12:14 am: Edit

still waiting *sigh* is there anything urgent that needs to be done?

By 2bad4u (2bad4u) on Friday, May 14, 2004 - 12:44 am: Edit

package doesnt have anthing time sensitive , math diagnostic isnt due till june and everthing else in it but it does have your kerebros info to get your @mit.edu e-mail

By Mitwannabe (Mitwannabe) on Friday, May 14, 2004 - 05:09 am: Edit

oh allright, that's not too bad, thanks 2bad4u

By Abyss (Abyss) on Friday, May 14, 2004 - 06:25 am: Edit

you need to send your photo for your id in by i think 'four days after you recieve the package,' but i think you can do that at web.mit.edu/orientation.

By Mitwannabe (Mitwannabe) on Friday, May 14, 2004 - 02:00 pm: Edit

haha, thanks a lot abyss, i do hope i get it soon. if there's nothing at my doorstep on monday morning, im gonna phone them. is the package a normal mail dropoff or is it something you gotta sign for? like is it rushed (for me it's obviouly not, lol) or just sent regular?

By Myaplomb (Myaplomb) on Friday, May 14, 2004 - 08:21 pm: Edit

It's regular mail.

By Tylenol (Tylenol) on Saturday, May 15, 2004 - 01:19 pm: Edit

I'm still waiting too. I wonder whether it's due to the Canadian postal code because my financial assistance information was sent to the wrong postal code (the digits after the space didn't show up). But then again, it doesn't matter if it's being couriered right?

By Mitwannabe (Mitwannabe) on Monday, May 17, 2004 - 09:49 pm: Edit

i still haven't received it. if i get nothing by tomorrow, im gonna phone them and see what's up. mail has been slow lately with mit. mit used to be the best and most reliable for getting stuff out, but lately the delivery process has been very slow.

By Abyss (Abyss) on Tuesday, May 18, 2004 - 03:45 pm: Edit

good luck mitwannabe

By Mitwannabe (Mitwannabe) on Tuesday, May 18, 2004 - 08:10 pm: Edit

finally, got it today via dhl, they rushed that thing pretty quickly probably after realizing they hadn't sent one to me yet. oh gosh all the forms, which dorm, this diagnostic, do i have tuberculosis? well, now i have some evening literature for the next few days. haha, thanks abyss

By Abyss (Abyss) on Thursday, May 20, 2004 - 09:30 pm: Edit

hah i didn't do much, but i'm glad you're so grateful! enjoy your reading material (i did, i read just about everything because i'm highly excited). hopefully i'll see you this fall - whoa, only two months, can you believe that? it seems like yesterday i was on this board applying to various schools... : )

By Teej (Teej) on Friday, May 21, 2004 - 02:17 am: Edit

HI i'm an international and i still haven't received mine!!!:( Not fair!!If mitwannabe got hers after so long, i wonder if i'll get mine in a month time....phew....hard hard to live on the other side of the globe...

By Mitwannabe (Mitwannabe) on Friday, May 21, 2004 - 01:49 pm: Edit

mitwannabe = he ..... no worries, lol. where do you live and when did you send in your reply card?

By Teej (Teej) on Friday, May 21, 2004 - 03:01 pm: Edit

lol...guess my complaining paid its fruits!!! i got it today by dhl...and been watching the i3 for hours!!!
mitwannabe, i live in mauritius, tiny island in the indian ocean!!! bet no one heard of!!!

By Mitwannabe (Mitwannabe) on Friday, May 21, 2004 - 09:15 pm: Edit

wow, that's really cool. it'll definitely add to the diversity! i gotta watch thse videos. which dorms are you choosing between?

By Teej (Teej) on Monday, May 24, 2004 - 01:59 am: Edit

hmmm, well simmons, baker ,next house,east campus...that's all i managed to rank right now... but definitely not bexley, they seem like weirdos!!! IM WickedTeej
Yeah i will add to the diversity but don't worry i'm not a three eyed alien too!!

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page