END-OF-SENIOR-YEAR-REPORT

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: Individual Schools: US News Top 25: Massachusetts Institute of Technology: 2004 Archive: END-OF-SENIOR-YEAR-REPORT
By Onlyindreams (Onlyindreams) on Wednesday, April 28, 2004 - 01:10 pm: Edit

If I'm already admitted to MIT, then how badly would I have to do for my last semester of high school to be told that I can't go to MIT anymore? I probably won't fail anything or get any C's, but what if I get a B in Calc? Would MIT be uptight enough to tell me I can't go?

By Quakerboy2 (Quakerboy2) on Wednesday, April 28, 2004 - 02:32 pm: Edit

Nobody cares if you get a B in calc. I did, as well as a C in English and a B in another class, but they didn't seem to care.

By Wintersoul (Wintersoul) on Wednesday, April 28, 2004 - 07:53 pm: Edit

They count the number of students who get C's and apparently confront them, so I'd try to avoid that. That B in Calc should be just fine though.

By Poutingminotaur (Poutingminotaur) on Wednesday, April 28, 2004 - 07:59 pm: Edit

they send out a letter to all the students who receive Cs on their final semester that says "due to the inconsistancy of your academic performance, we recommend you to consider attending the small liberal arts college up the street rather than attending MIT."

no, just kidding.

i say definitely still try your best in school. (and i know... senioritis is hard to fight... but just try). but don't worry about a B here or there, even if its on a math/science subject.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page