MIT over Harvard

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: Individual Schools: US News Top 25: Massachusetts Institute of Technology: 2004 Archive: MIT over Harvard
By Vecter (Vecter) on Tuesday, April 27, 2004 - 11:44 pm: Edit

is anyone else considering going to MIT over Harvard? if so, why?

I'm leaning towards MIT b/c of courses 6 & 15 but I still have qualms about "giving up" Harvard (I guess that's the asian side of me lol).

oh may 1 ... so close :(

By Stevennle (Stevennle) on Wednesday, April 28, 2004 - 12:31 am: Edit

I had the same problem choosing MIT over Yale...I didn't want to "give up" Yale. So I didn't.

By Poutingminotaur (Poutingminotaur) on Wednesday, April 28, 2004 - 12:27 pm: Edit

man... what was that all about?

stevennle, i had your exact same problem last year. i found it really hard to let go of yale... cos i mean, after all, it's yale. but then i thought about it some more, and there was two things that made me chose MIT over yale. 1. i want to do engineering. although yale has a small and intimate department, when it comes to engineering, MIT is the place to be. 2. location. boston is a wonderful city, with so much convenience and so much life.

i also wrote another blub under the thread "MIT vs. harvard vs. princeton", check that out too, it's the last entry on that thread.

By Mitwannabe (Mitwannabe) on Wednesday, April 28, 2004 - 04:11 pm: Edit

i had to choose mit over harvard and princeton. it was ferociously difficult, but i tried to look beyond prestige, not that mit doesnt have any but you know what i mean, and i chose the best fit school for myself. go beavers.

By Onlyindreams (Onlyindreams) on Wednesday, April 28, 2004 - 05:08 pm: Edit

Pick MIT if you're into engineering. It would be ridiculous if you went anywhere else. Harvard is really cool and I love the place, but the Science Center sucks and you won't get the same intense atmosphere MIT has. Harvard is hard to get in but easy after that. MIT, on the other hand, is worth every cent of your money. If you're into prestige, name brands, Prada, and snobby people, pick Harvard. Just kidding, I do like Harvard, I really do. If you went to Harvard and liked engineering, you could still take classes at MIT. Plus, Harvard is on the nicer side of Cambridge and has beautiful dorms. But you should still come to MIT!

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page