MIT Finaid - help!

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: Individual Schools: US News Top 25: Massachusetts Institute of Technology: 2004 Archive: MIT Finaid - help!
By Gogoinwi (Gogoinwi) on Thursday, April 22, 2004 - 11:06 pm: Edit

I got a terrible finaid offer from MIT, but it's by far my first choice (especially after CPW). My parents and I talked to the financial aid office while we were there, and they told us to write an appeal letter...however, it didn't seem like they were willing to budge much. Is anyone in a similar situation? Have any of you been able to successfully appeal your financial aid award at MIT?

By Mitwannabe (Mitwannabe) on Sunday, April 25, 2004 - 12:40 am: Edit

u think u have problems, i havent even received their package yet, and I've phoned them every week for the last 6 weeks and even bothered them at CPW, and they keep saying next week next week. get your sh!t together mit!

By Amilee04 (Amilee04) on Sunday, April 25, 2004 - 02:13 am: Edit

My parents made an appointment at CPW, and since we had a kind of unusual situation with the FAFSA, we ended up getting $12000 grants. I doubt we'd be in the same boat, but my parents said they were very helpful and really nice to talk to, so it's worth a try.

By Amilee04 (Amilee04) on Sunday, April 25, 2004 - 02:15 am: Edit

I forgot to mention that my dad had all our tax info with him at the appointment....maybe they are waiting to see some documentation from you in an appeal. It's worth it to try. :)

By Wintersoul (Wintersoul) on Sunday, April 25, 2004 - 02:42 pm: Edit

MITwanabee, if you have a fax machine then call them Monday and ask them to fax your offer to you. I was in the same situation. They told me they sent my offer two weeks ago, but I still haven't recieved it in the mail. They did, however, fax the offer to me last week when I asked. They also told us that offers would be posted online, but I cannot find them anywhere so I'm not sure how true the claim is. Good luck!

By Mitwannabe (Mitwannabe) on Sunday, April 25, 2004 - 03:56 pm: Edit

Thanks Wintersoul! i'm in a pickle here, but i will phone them on monday and see what's up.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page