Project Interphase

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: Individual Schools: US News Top 25: Massachusetts Institute of Technology: 2004 Archive: Project Interphase
By Alex614 (Alex614) on Monday, April 12, 2004 - 04:04 pm: Edit

I just got a letter in the mail telling me about Interphase. Basically it's a program to help students who feel that they did not receive a good education in the area of science and math. "Participants will study calculus, physics, chemistry, writing and study skills, and may receive academic credit and advanced placement into someof MIT's required courses upon completion of the program." Is anyone else going to apply for Interphase at MIT? Has anyone done Interphase before?

By Wintermute (Wintermute) on Monday, April 12, 2004 - 05:51 pm: Edit

Hm...never heard of it, but it sounds interesting...is it a summer program?

By Alex614 (Alex614) on Monday, April 12, 2004 - 06:18 pm: Edit

yeah, it's a summer program for entering Freshman. It runs from June- August. They provide you with meals and boarding.

By Mitwannabe (Mitwannabe) on Monday, April 12, 2004 - 07:40 pm: Edit

that sounds interesting too. i think i've had a great background, wait, scratch that, decent background to those subjects. it might be a good idea to brush up and learn some stuff. my chemistry curriculum is horrible, physics isn't bad and same with calc. writing/study skills are okay tho. does every frosh get one of these notices?

my only concern is that i might be tired and washed out at the end of it, and then mit actually begins, i dunno, ill have to think about it

By Dunadan (Dunadan) on Monday, April 12, 2004 - 08:06 pm: Edit

More info on Project Interphase here.

By Alex614 (Alex614) on Thursday, May 20, 2004 - 02:42 pm: Edit

Has anyone who applied to Project Interphase received anything yet? (e-mail)

By Coderdeity (Coderdeity) on Thursday, May 20, 2004 - 06:22 pm: Edit

I was accepted, but Im pretty sure Im going to defer. I got my acceptance today in email.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page