:( :( college admissions financial aid college search scholarships ivy league college counseling ">
I don't think I have a shot!!! :( :( :(

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: Individual Schools: US News Top 25: Massachusetts Institute of Technology: 2004 Archive: I don't think I have a shot!!! :( :( :(
By Juanangel (Juanangel) on Sunday, April 11, 2004 - 10:02 pm: Edit

Hispanic (URM) male from Montana, skipped 2 grades.

GPA: 4.0 unweighted
SAT I: 800/800
SAT IIs: 800 Math IIC, 800 Writing, 800 German (with listening)

APs: English Language, British Lit, World and United States History, Macro Econ, Spanish, French, German. All 5's. But my music theory score was just a 4

I speak German, Spanish, Creole, French, and I spent last summer in Ghana learning African click language.

EC's: Founded the "Hispanic Awareness Coalition" (HAC), a national organization that has been featured on the Today show, and Oprah

Captain of varsity badmitton team, varsity crew

Spent summers helping build churches and schools throughout east Africa
Two years ago, I became enlightened. My religion is independent of all other establishments and enjoys great popularity there.

I am a direct descendant of Jesus Christ

I invented oxygen

In my spare time, I rehabilitate homeless crack dealers who then become notable public figures (ex. George Bush, Bill Gates, etc)

I am also an active member of the anti-Catholic league of Montana

What are my chances of getting into MIT?

By Neo (Neo) on Sunday, April 11, 2004 - 10:07 pm: Edit

Yeah, your ECs look okay, but unless you do well on the essays, I don't think you've got much of a shot.

By Bfoleyx3 (Bfoleyx3) on Sunday, April 11, 2004 - 10:13 pm: Edit

hahaha that is great. at first, i actually thought you were serious, and i felt like hitting you. now i like you.

By Indiana_Jones (Indiana_Jones) on Sunday, April 11, 2004 - 10:16 pm: Edit

You never made the USAMO and similar, you just simply won't get in, you face very tough competition. And your extra curricular activities look like they were just made to pad your resume. You should stick to something which you really and truly care about, colleges won't like that you have lots of bogus ECs.

By Mrowry (Mrowry) on Sunday, April 11, 2004 - 10:42 pm: Edit

Also, you're not a legacy. Jesus didn't go to MIT.

By Abyss (Abyss) on Sunday, April 11, 2004 - 10:44 pm: Edit

unfortunately, you're a typical applicant. MIT gets thousands of these types every year. For one, you're completely scattered. Try knocking off a few languages and stick to one region of the world.
The huge list also detracts from what you're passionate about - say what you ache to do every morning when you awake is to rehabilitate homeless crack dealers who then become notable public figures - build an essay about this, ask one to write a supplementary letter of reccomendation and prehaps ask for a few million dollars of gift to give to MIT just as an incentive to admit you.

sadly, though, it looks like you barely have a chance. MIT wants people who change the world. being a descendent of christ is a passive action; inventing oxygen is too simple.

you still have some time so don't worry too much. but another important fact is that most of those things hurt you rather than help you.

By Bluestardust (Bluestardust) on Sunday, April 11, 2004 - 11:32 pm: Edit

oxygen is SO overrated...

By Dads2kids (Dads2kids) on Sunday, April 11, 2004 - 11:41 pm: Edit

I would highly suspect this is a bogus post. I've been to Montana and know of no one who plays badminton there!

By Vecter (Vecter) on Monday, April 12, 2004 - 12:00 am: Edit

LOL Mrowry & Bluestardust

By Quakerboy2 (Quakerboy2) on Monday, April 12, 2004 - 01:09 pm: Edit

A word of advice: I wouldn't claim George W. under your rehabilitation program. They're looking for success stories, and Bush just isn't the type of case they want to hear about.

By Candi1657 (Candi1657) on Monday, April 12, 2004 - 01:17 pm: Edit

LOL @ Dads2kids!

By Juanangel (Juanangel) on Monday, April 12, 2004 - 09:03 pm: Edit

See, you people have wit. Those thumb up the rear Berkeley kids though... Jesus!

By Residentevil (Residentevil) on Monday, April 12, 2004 - 09:52 pm: Edit

From the same post on the Berkeley board:

"Berkly peeple ar a litle sloww LOLolOLOL!!!!!!1!!!!1!1one"

Hahahahhahaa

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page