ISEF medals

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: Individual Schools: US News Top 25: Massachusetts Institute of Technology: 2004 Archive: ISEF medals
By Bubbloy (Bubbloy) on Sunday, April 04, 2004 - 03:49 am: Edit

i got into the ISEF this year as a junior along with some corporation awards for the research. how does ISEF qualifier and when i medal at the ISEF, how does MIT admit look on this.

By Emperoriv (Emperoriv) on Wednesday, April 07, 2004 - 10:45 pm: Edit

NOT good apparently, i got 4th as a junior and i represented my country, and I was rejected by MIT... but if u get the chairman's award, it might be a different story...

By Collegeboarders (Collegeboarders) on Thursday, April 08, 2004 - 01:53 am: Edit

If you have an ISEF "grand prize," I think that certainly gives you a pretty significant boost over candidates who have no such International/National level awards. However, I think a lot also depends on what category tho. I got an ISEF medal in Engineering... probably more appealing to MIT/Caltech than a Gerontology winner.. y'know?

I think that your paper will have a pretty big impact - this way they can clearly see what it was that you did and you can demonstrate that you can author a technical paper. So, my advice is -- make sure you write a paper on your project (no need for publication or anything although that would be a MAJOR plus) and also try to submit it to STS and/or Siemens. That also tells them about your capabilities as a researcher in traditional sense (do research, write paper... repeat cycle).

By Emperoriv (Emperoriv) on Friday, April 09, 2004 - 11:40 am: Edit

I going to the Canadian national fair this year instead of ISEF...more money

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page