Why no deposit?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: Individual Schools: US News Top 25: Massachusetts Institute of Technology: 2004 Archive: Why no deposit?
By 08beaver (08beaver) on Monday, March 29, 2004 - 07:23 pm: Edit

i'd never do this, but are they saying that they have no problem with you accepting their offer and then withdrawing before May 1? Why else wouldn't they have a deposit?

If someone sent in their reply sheet, could they change their mind without any problems?

Again, I would NEVER do this. I just thought it odd that they wouldn't require a deposit when it seems like everyone else does.

By Poutingminotaur (Poutingminotaur) on Monday, March 29, 2004 - 07:25 pm: Edit

i thought about that last year too. dont get me wrong, i have absolutely NO complain to the no deposit thing. but i think they are just confident in the people who replied to their offer. besides, honestly i dont think a couple hundred dollars of deposit can really stop a determined person from withdrawing.

By 08beaver (08beaver) on Monday, March 29, 2004 - 08:43 pm: Edit

Is the reply sheet an official document? In other words, does signing it enter someone into some sort of agreement with MIT saying that they will attend?

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page